PDA

View Full Version : My animated short - " The Divine Choice "

Karan81
04-04-2007, 04:41 AM
Here it is
http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=264510

C n C are welcome.
Also can anyone tell how to make money out of shorts, how to sell them and to whom ?

Thanks
Karan

richardoud
04-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Great story! The animation was a bit awkward at some points, but it didn't bothered me that much...
I liked the minimalistic style, somehow reminded me of a Bill Plympton short.

Great job!

Karan81
04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks
I thought nobody would like it.

papershaker
04-10-2007, 01:50 AM
You're wrong. I like it too

Booyah
04-10-2007, 08:08 AM
sooo... he freed his soul instead of getting stuck on all the material stuff life shoves at us? good story and animation. Maybe if you put a thoughtful quote at the end could help... or not. And i was wondering why the branch broke whenit did. what if he hit the tree one last time gently out of frustration when he's on his knees then it shook and broke? on your other note, i think the best way to get money for shorts is too send them in to film festivals and short festivals and if you when you start to build cred and maybe then you could start getting money. It's funny because that animation imbodied the complete opposite of your question... everyone needs to eat though.

cooperunionstud
04-10-2007, 04:22 PM
i like the aesthetics for this short. however i disagree what the ending implies. I think it's too simplistic

BigMouth
04-10-2007, 05:41 PM
deleted my post

cooperunionstud
04-10-2007, 05:48 PM
well said. Samething i wanted to say before, but didn't quiet know how to put into words without offending the author of the short.

About the message of the story:

I personally don't believe there's anything virtuous about suffering and surrendering oneself to poverty because it's somehow morally "superior" than using our minds to create things. And I disagree that the vague spiritual entity he acquired at the end (through self suffering) is superior to the ability the human who can create wealth and prosperity. I see something far more spiritual in miracle of mind to create new things, imagine new possibilities, explore the regions of science, and contribute things to society that make life comfortable and easier.

I'd much rather live in a society that allows people the choice to be materialistic, or not, rather than one that forces people to reject their abilities as a free thinking human and to subject themselves to slavery to each other. There is a point where it can get out of hand and materialism consumes people's lives and "soul" so-to-speak, but that's the choice of the individual and having that choice is what's most important, even more so than vague entity your character gained at the end of the animation.

No, money and materalism doesn't buy happiness or save anything of you that is spiritual, that is only up to the individual to choose to do that. But sacrificing the human mind and rejecting it's capabilities isn't a virtue either, and sure as heck isn't the path to "enlightenment" (whatever that may be).

About the actual animation:

Although I disagree with the philosophical message, I like the style and the animation, and think you did a great job at geeting yor point across with it. Good job indeed! That must have been a tremendous amount of work.

HenningK
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
What a horrible picture of life you paint.
Sorry, but damn...

What point in this soul's progression does the running toward the tree represent?
Pretty good editing and pacing. I would take out the music. Its heavyhanded. Beyond that, it was a weird turn for me when short turned serious, signalled by the music. I had assumed it would be a comedic short up til then. 'cause shaking the tree and having piles of money and speakers fall out is a very comedic image.
-hen

witchcraft
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
i think i like it very much......and i can relate to it....

in india its a saying money dosent fall from a tree by shaking it! and in da story, money and car and all materaal things fall easily from shaking the tree! but the guy is fed up and wants more freedom of his soul....

although if i were u karan i would show a key falling from da three right into his hands and den u can show da lock breaking chains opening...
yes dats only thing i wld add in da project other then dat its aawesomeeeeeeeee!

you have mananged to prove dat the media in which a person animates is not important but the concept is ver much indeed! good work keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.