PDA

View Full Version : Game Artist Website

Asorson
03-08-2003, 04:24 AM
I launched my new website today, check it out: http://www.erikasorson.com

jeb
03-08-2003, 05:18 AM
oh man, i saw your work on front page one day, very impressive work you have. i have a hard time at lowpoly modeling, so i think you have mastered it.

congrats

Solve
03-08-2003, 06:14 AM
You have the best online portfolio I've ever seen. Nice&clean and easy to read. Good job!

m-greenwood
03-08-2003, 05:59 PM
That looks really nice.
I've seen most of the sites you had over the past couple of months from your posts at Maxforums and this is by far the best.
Cheers.

modeling-man
03-08-2003, 10:56 PM
site ain't bad. just a couple suggestions. when I clicked on the thumbnail to view a larger image I noticed you could click on the larger image. I thought as did a couple of my buddies that when you clicked on the larger image that would perhaps go into a much larger image. The fact that it jumps you back to the menu is kinda odd and unexpected. I would've expected a back button or something. Not a big deal if you change it or not just something some of myfriends and I noticed.

Also, why'd you decide to go contract? More money? I've been contracting for a while, and I hate it...fighting for money from clients, and trying to get constant gigs is a pain in the ass. Not to mention keeping a keen eye on your hours so not to underpay yourself.
I loved to hear your take on contracting so far.
good stuff
B

lildragon
03-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Holy jeez Erik, you revamp your site like every other week :surprised is this like your 4th revision for the year? :p heheh

looking good buddy :thumbsup:

salud

jbradford
03-09-2003, 01:02 AM
doh i really liked the one you had before better :cry:

Asorson
03-09-2003, 01:34 AM
Yeah lil-d it's a bi-weekly occasion for me ;)

James Bradford: Sorry, can't please everyone :D

modeling man: Well I've only been freelancing for about 4 months now and so far my experience has been pretty enjoyable! Sure I've pulled a couple of all-nighters but then sometimes I'll just take a day off whenever I want. I have been lucky in that I have had no problem collecting money from clients *yet* and I'm pretty good at managing my own time so as not to slip into underpaying myself. I'll have to see what the future holds.

Solve
03-09-2003, 02:11 AM
Excuse me for being a nosy bastard, but how much do you get payed for your freelance work?

Asorson
03-09-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Solve
Excuse me for being a nosy bastard, but how much do you get payed for your freelance work?

It all depends on the circumstances and the specifics of the project. Some determining factors are:

-Who gets the copyright to the artwork.
-How much work is included in the project and how stable it is
-The clients budget
-My own financial situation
-How much like I like the project
-How much I like the client
-How much he likes me.....

Ranges from $40-$60/hr typically. I do offer discount rates under certain circumstances to independant developers with smaller budgets.

Solve
03-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Wow! That's a nice chunk of change. :drool: lucky bastard......

Another meddlesome question, do you work from home?

If yes, then you have the absolute perfect job.

Asorson
03-09-2003, 11:50 PM
I do work from home, although one thing I miss is the comradery of working as part of a team. It can get boring sitting by yourself staring at a monitor all day long.

I added a graphic background to the navigation bar to spice it up a bit, the plain color was looking a little bland...

spakman
03-11-2003, 01:00 AM
nice dangergirl model.

peace d=^)

dark_lotus
03-11-2003, 06:24 AM
groovy stuff!

*adds to favorites*

keep up the good work! and good luck in freelancing!

Temporal
03-11-2003, 01:44 PM
Very nice site, and even better materiel there. Can't wait to see what your next redesign looks like :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.