PDA

View Full Version : Question about organic modelling practice,

j83
04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey,

I'm just curious. If I'm wanting to work on modeling realistic and natural models like realistic looking humans, is it common practice to perhaps, focus on an arm, or leg, torso, etc?

I mean, basically I'd just model a full arm full of details, and work on the topological flow of the mesh to make sure it's an efficient mesh. Then, once I'm comfortable with that and correctly modeling the various muscle groups, go ahead and model like a leg, then work on a torso? Even if the models weren't meant to be joined, but rather, it'd be specific practice.

Is this common practice, and is it recommended? I have been working on a torso, but I have so far gotten the basic, natural shape, but haven't been able to do so with such a nice, efficent mesh like I see on here quite often (i.e.-excessive polygons). I'm always tempted to export to something like Zbrush or Mudbox to sculpt the mesh, but that usually ruins the flow of the topology.

Thanks for the advice. :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.