PDA

View Full Version : Render Region

toonafish
04-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I still can't seem to disable the auto refresh of the render region in 6.01 Essentials. I had the same problem in 6.0 and I was hoping it would have fixed but the problem still seems to be there.

I disabled auto refresh in the region dropdown menu and the the "render > region" settings, but it does not make a difference other then a color change from yellow to red of the render region border.

anyone with the same problem or a solution ?

thanks.

Essentials 6.01
Dual Xeon 3.6 Ghz
Win XP SP2
Quadro FX 3400
4 Gig Ram

visualboo
04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah this drives me nuts too. And I personally think the auto refresh option (in preferences) should be toggled off by default.

There are other issues with render regions also. Just quirky buggy things that I'm trying to nail down to report to Soft.

toonafish
04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Okay, thanks. I'll also report this to Soft to put some pressure on it.

visualboo
04-04-2007, 09:12 PM
It's weird though because it only does it maybe 50% of the time for me. I'm still trying to nail down a few of these bugs.

halfdan
04-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I disabled auto refresh in the region dropdown menu and the the "render > region" settings, but it does not make a difference other then a color change from yellow to red of the render region border.

I can't reproduce this here but I can make some educated guesses as to why it might be happening.

Does it happen with an empty scene or only after you add things to the scene root? Would it be possible for you to post exact repro steps that cause this to happen, starting with a fresh run of XSI?

Please don't leave anything out, no matter how inconsequential it might seem to you. Think of it as one of those weird forensic cop/doctor shows on TV that my wife likes to watch. It's all in the details.

toonafish
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Now this sounds dumb, but I can't reproduce it anymore.

I swear, a few days ago I tried several scenes and could not get the Render Region to stop refreshing. And now everything seems to work...
I was working on an LWO that I imported with PointOven, but it did not go away after I created a new scene.

I had to do a system restart this morning, so maybe that has something to dow it it ?

I feel a bit silly now.

as soon as it pops up again, I'll try reproducing the steps.

bblevins
04-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Now this sounds dumb, but I can't reproduce it anymore.

I swear, a few days ago I tried several scenes and could not get the Render Region to stop refreshing. And now everything seems to work...
I was working on an LWO that I imported with PointOven, but it did not go away after I created a new scene.

I had to do a system restart this morning, so maybe that has something to dow it it ?

I feel a bit silly now.

as soon as it pops up again, I'll try reproducing the steps.

Don't feel silly, its happening for us too. On my systems at work and at home.

I've noticed it when we're tweeking final gather. and other mental ray settings.

I've also noticed that the render region will refresh if you change settings while a render is going. If I let a region finish, I can usually, but not always, tweek some settings then hit refresh when I'm ready to see the changes.

-B

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2007, 09:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.