PDA

View Full Version : first page of site (crits. please)

thumperg04
03-08-2003, 01:46 AM
This is the first page of the flash site I am working on for my fiance and her art. This is my first real webpage I've ever done so I am excited but nervous. I just wanted to get some crits on it and to see how well it withstands on other systems. None of the links to other pages work yet so don't sit there and click it for hours. The site is susposed to be fun and show off her work.
Greg

http://www.summerdragoness.com/flash/main.htm

alaklij
03-08-2003, 03:59 AM
I really like the butterflies. Perhaps you could have them flap there wings once and a while. Maybe they'll flap when one clicks on them.
I didn't realize the sun rays were the links, maybe you could make them more obvious.
By the way, I like your avatar too.

mage111
03-08-2003, 01:37 PM
alaklij - i totally agree with you about the links, it was not obvious, and then once i found a link, i was clicking the circle first, nope didnt work so i clicked the ray

now, the placement is good, thats not being disputed, i really like it infact, and the way the links fold out.

however. maybe having the word already there, but as a 5-10% opacity so they can just see it, may help a bit. just a thought.

and also the butterflys. the page seems so peaceful ina sense, and when the butterfly's just disapear it feels a bit rushed (the work) and i dont keep that same peace as before(before i saw the first one disapear)... now maybe a fadeout may help, or make them go off the screen totally so you they dont disapear like they do

otherwise good job :-)

OH - maybe indent summer a bit so its not being faded out, that may of been your intention, but i think having it stay strong all the way through would look better...

and having it over top of the fading out part of the image wouldnt help when its 100% opacity, so i'd just nudge it in past that fading mark and have it not being faded out

good work once again :-)

jadedchron
03-08-2003, 09:40 PM
hogs CPU resources, text at the bottom needs anti-aliased, better/clear navigation, same tonal ranges w/colors.

Michael Chen
03-08-2003, 10:01 PM
A good start, considering that it's your first website.

Some advice:

You could increase the frame rate (fps) to 24, so you get smoother movements.

Once you start increasing the file size you can also add a loading bar to the first frame.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.