PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell basic images (plates)?

Oli4D
04-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi everybody!
During my traveling the last weeks in Australia and Tasmania, I shot a lot of images mattepainting artists probably could use as plates or an other kind of rescourse.
So, I'm looking for a Website where I could put this pictures and sell the high-res version for a (very small) amount.
Do you guys know where I could do that? Wich Websites are good for selling photographs to a wide range of interested people (especially CGI Artists)?
Thanks very much already for your recommendations.
Oliver

crazybread
04-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey I'm interested to see your pics. Let me know if and when you can post something so i can take a look. Thanx.

everlite
04-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I've been using istockphoto for around six years now and they're probably one of the best on the web, they accept both video and photos, i have around 50 images up there and i gives around 50 a month depending on downloads, not much but it helps. Alternatively you can use the credit system to buy other pics and DV clips, so it works really well for me. Though that said since their recent aquistion by Getty they've become a little tight on what they accept, but still worth a go.

http://www.istockphoto.com

- Dave.

Oli4D
04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I've been using istockphoto for around six years now and they're probably one of the best on the web, they accept both video and photos, i have around 50 images up there and i gives around 50 a month depending on downloads, not much but it helps. Alternatively you can use the credit system to buy other pics and DV clips, so it works really well for me. Though that said since their recent aquistion by Getty they've become a little tight on what they accept, but still worth a go.

http://www.istockphoto.com

- Dave.

Sounds good, that's what I'm looking for.
Is there any hidden thing I should know before I start?
What exaclty does 'royalty free' mean?

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.