PDA

View Full Version : Using the voice device

Posthaste
04-02-2007, 11:17 PM
i dragged a voice device onto my head that also has a character face on it. Then saw that the voice command had sounds like ih ae and ow, so i added all of those to my character face expression list. i tweaked the blend shape percentages to match the sounds that the voice modifier placed on the face. so the ae looks like an ae the ow looks like an ow and so forth. then i linked a wav file to the voice device. when i hit play i see the different letters/sounds going up and down on the sound bar in the asset settings window, but i don't see the model using the shapes i assigned. i think i am missing just a simple step. i was wondering if some one could clue me in to why the mouth isn't moving to the wav file, or if some one could link me into a more detailed tutorial then the one that comes with the PLE.

Thank you for taking the time to read my problem.

Redsand1080
04-03-2007, 01:06 AM
do you have 'active' checked? try that. in the charcter face definition window...right above 'expressions.' that might be it.

Posthaste
04-03-2007, 04:33 AM
yessir, i have active checked for the main channel. also each individual phoneme channel is checked to be active too.

Redsand1080
04-03-2007, 04:47 AM
yea mang...I'm sayin you might want to un-check them. give that a shot.

Posthaste
04-03-2007, 07:00 PM
i have fiddled around with the check marks every which way possible trying all different combinations. I also finagled with the online live and recording check boxes. I think there is something wrong with the relations constraint that is created. It seems simple enough. All i want to happen is when the audio file goes up on the AE in the voice window, i want the AE shape to go up accordingly. maybe i should try smashing my moniter with a hammer.

Posthaste
04-03-2007, 07:48 PM
i think i am mentally disabled. i had the expression weighting to zero on the character face properties. thank you for your help, i appreciate it.

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2007, 07:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.