PDA

View Full Version : Orient Constraint Flips Control, Fix?

dude5487
04-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I am doing the right arm set up of my character and and working on the wrist control. I have the same set up as the left side, though while on the right side, when I select the curve, then select the joints and do the orient constraint it flips them on the Y axis. How do I fix this?

Images Attached

dude5487
04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I just performed the set up again this time with Maintain Offset checked in the options box. This time it worked and it rotates as needed. Could this pose any problems in the long run? Thanks!

lifire
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
As a general rule this will not cause any problems down the road, but constraints can freak out from time to time. Do this next time:

Orient constraint the control object to the joint itself, with maintain offset off. Delete that constraint, then constrain the joint to the object with maintain offset off. Problem solved.

The idea is just to make the local rotation axes the exact same so that there is no change when you constrain.

dude5487
04-13-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the tip I will definently do that next time!

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2007, 04:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.