PDA

View Full Version : My rigging portfolio in 3ds max

abhilashsrinivas
04-02-2007, 01:21 PM
http://www.viddler.com/abhilash/videos/1/ (http://www.viddler.com/abhilash/videos/1/)

kindly check my rigging portfolio and would like to know ur views on it..it would really help me to do better...

EricDLegare
04-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Well... the rig is good but my advice would be not to show both sides of the rig ( ex : showing how the left foot rig is a reverse foot rig and than after show how the right foot works ... ) We are kind of expecting that the other side works the same way...

it's also the same thing for allllllll the fingers :P it's like '' all right, all right, we've seen that the sliders control the fingers, you don't need to slide them all to prove it :P ''

This may be particulary important if this is to get a job since hiring people really don't '' waste their time '' if they are not impress with each tick then the close it and it's over :P

Anyway it's an interesting start :deal:

abhilashsrinivas
04-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Thank you very much for your valuable comments and suggestions..i will definately take care of the points which u have mentioned...i would like to know are there any controllers which i cud have added and shud we show the rig with a mesh when a person is applyin for the post of a rigging artist.

People usually say rigging process is tough in 3ds max than in maya..is it true and which rig(maya or max rig) is mostly used in the production studios..?

Kindly revert back..

Thanx again for ur views...

Abhilash
IMAGINATION IS GREATER THAN KNOWLEDGE

Brighton
04-03-2007, 05:21 AM
Its a good start,
I would add some IK/FK blending to your rig. And some more layers of Control.

From what I have seen from good TD reels. Face rigs with Blend Shapes and a face control panel tend to be very interesting.

Great job though.

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2007, 05:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.