PDA

View Full Version : anyone figured out....

Sinew
04-02-2007, 11:27 AM
...how to accurately create scenes in vue to a certain scale, and then combine with max so you dont have to rescale everything? it just seems pointless in having "xstream" if you cant easily adjust the scale of things to match each other.

is there a rescale tool in vue, that affects everything, eco systems, bump maps, etc? say i know a tree is 4000mm tall, can i adjust the scale and measurements to fit this?

to say xstream was ment to intergrate, it doesnt appear to be doing so much "intergrating"!!

C4DS
04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Not exactly a full reply on your question, but ...
I am using Cinema4D in combination with xStream (well at least I try to, it just keeps crashing).
In the "integration" plugin there is a global scale slider which is set by default on value 100. You can change this value to the desired scale. Unfortunately, it is limited to a value of 200, while I would need 1000 to have it scaled 10 times from it's original Vue scale.
I posted a message to e-on regarding this 200 limit, hopefully they'll remove that limit.

Sinew
04-02-2007, 12:25 PM
in max its the scale plugin limit is 10000, which again isnt large enough. by my calculations i need to be at 50000. seems strange to limit something which simply scales objects :-S

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2007, 12:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.