heavyness
04-02-2007, 09:09 AM
MGAC:
WEEK ONE [April 2nd-12th]: Character Weapon
WEEK TWO [April 13th-19th]: ???
WEEK THREE [April 20th-26th]: ???
WEEK FOUR: [April 27th-May 3rd] ???

MGAC Guidelines:
All MGAC’s challenges are limited to 1,000 triangles and a total of 2x 1024x1024 worth of texture space. They must fit in with the current theme and also follow the UGAC guidelines [see UGAC thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=127&t=481177)].

ENTRY/SUBMISSION:
Unlike the UGAC, you will not make your own thread but reply to this MGAC thread and post your w.i.p. shots here. The when done, edit your own post and upload your final entry with…

wireframe view w/ polycount
real time view
texture sheet
…beauty shot is optional. Please try to limit the size of your images and try to combine the wireframe/real time image into one.

DEADLINE:
11:59pm PST on last date of each week posted above. At that time, I will post a comment in the thread declaring the challenge over and asking for the judges to start judging.

UGAC+MGAC:
You are allowed and encouraged to work on both UGAC and the MGAC challenges. Also, you may use your MGAC submissions in your UGAC and the polycount won't count. Example: you model an Undead Elf for your UGAC challenge and you model his Bow Staff in the MGAC. When submitting your final UGAC pictures, you’re allowed to show him in his beauty shoot holding the bow staff .

[b]JUDGING:
MGAC will be judged only by people who submitted entries in the current challenge. You can only pick one other person’s submission but you can not pick your own. When the challenge is over, I will post a comment in the thread declaring it is over. Once you see that comment, you can begin judging. Make sure the first thing you type is the winner’s name [in bold text]. You may then also critique and comment on other people’s submissions.

Swizzle
04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Just so we're clear on this: This MGAC is going to be focused only on weapons that are music themed, and the following three MGACs will be some other music-themed thing?

heavyness
04-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Just so we're clear on this: This MGAC is going to be focused only on weapons that are music themed, and the following three MGACs will be some other music-themed thing?

you are correct.

blacker
04-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Would a hand be OK to consider as a weapon?

I've got two possibilities right now:

A supernatural red right hand inspired by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song (of the same name).

or

A BIG revolver inspired by Tom Waits version of "Hang on Saint Christopher" (the gun being nicknamed Saint Christopher)

Hopefully I can make the time to finish this.

heavyness
04-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Would a hand be OK to consider as a weapon?

could it be a glove or something? like Hellboy's bg ass hand. some many RPGs have "power gloves" that level up.

modeling Bruce Lee's fist doesn't really count as a "weapon".

living_the_dream
04-13-2007, 03:42 AM
I gave it a shot, but I'm not going to finish it tonight. It's been a long day and I'm beat. Anyways, this is a cross-bow type gun that shoots saw blades inspired by keeping the blade by coheed and cambria.

http://www.jeunesang.com/images/sawgun.jpg

heavyness
04-13-2007, 05:44 PM
nice work.

if anyone is interested, i'll keep the MGAC going... but it seems no body is interested.

hopefully i'm wrong.

Swizzle
04-18-2007, 02:31 AM
nice work.

if anyone is interested, i'll keep the MGAC going... but it seems no body is interested.

hopefully i'm wrong.I'm still interested, but I've been busy with other stuff. I'll put something up tomorrow, even though it's still a WIP.

Swizzle
04-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Here's what I was working on before I was rudely interrupted by real life. It was going to have a rocket engine and a launcher once it was finished, but I've yet to get it anywhere because homework and stuff has been distracting me.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/xkostolny/flyingv1.jpg

heavyness
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
neat. rocket launching flying V

heavyness
04-25-2007, 07:35 AM
closed.

for more MGAC, go here --> http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39