PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Control Curves Maya

dude5487
04-02-2007, 07:54 AM
I have a question. I just built a wrist control set up as a curved arrow. As it stands they are two sep curve controls group together and positioned over the wrist. I want the animator to select just one curve and not have to worry about whether he/she has not selected the right "one". Is there anyway to combine these so that when I click on just one it selects both? Kind of like a Polygon-->Combine action?

Image attached.

Thanks!

aghill
04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
You could combine the two curves together using Attach Curves.

Or are you trying to make two controlers driving the same thing/attribute?

sj_bee
04-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Have a look at rigging101.com, they have UI that you can download for free to create control curves, its called rig101wireControllers.zip and its in the free stuff section. One of the available shapes is four arrows on a ball, it looks like that is the shape that you are trying to make.

dude5487
04-02-2007, 04:48 PM
aghill- I just want to have the two curves visiible but only have the animator only be able to select 1, and after they r combing I want them to be able to drive finger set driven keys as a unit. I will give what you said a shot when I get home. Thanks!

sj_bee- You must have posted when I was replying to aghill. Thank you very much I will check that out shortly.

MDuffy
04-02-2007, 10:10 PM
You can parent both shape nodes under the same transform node, and that should accomplish what you want.

Select the shape, and then select the transform, and then in the MelScript window type:

parent -r -s

Cheers,
Michael Duffy

dude5487
04-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks so much!

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2007, 10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.