PDA

View Full Version : Kung-fu animations

Rexter
04-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi, im new here. I love making animations in 3dsmax, check out my reel at http://youtube.com/watch?v=j5Hx8uEBhmA

mystikhybrid
04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
first off your animation is fantastic for someone self taught. However, the one where 2 team up on the one guy and guy#3 does a flying jumpkick, that looked a lil, mmm, choppy.

I would personally leave out the attempt at clothing.

I noticed your using the default biped rig for 3ds max. You should try some of the free models available out there, many are rigged with facial animations, which I think will definelty be a requirent for an animator.

you can get the one i used here
free 3ds max rig (http://www.highend3d.com/3dsmax/downloads/character_rigs/Max-practice-rig-with-facials-4554.html)
also I created a fully rigged dragon if you wanna play with it. :D
(giving credit where it is due of course)

I am just starting off in animation, but have some experience with texturing/riggin/modelling. Let me know if youd like to collaborate on something.

picolo
04-02-2007, 08:00 PM
a bit too much camera movement , slow motion, light movements....
keep working ;)

Rexter
04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
yeh man im deffo up for animating stuff, email me your msn details and we can start chatting. 3dsmax 5.1 aint accepting those rigs :(, gutter!

thehive
04-02-2007, 09:22 PM
i like it, but the movements needs to be more natural lot of the stuff is there jus need some more refining theres no recoil or follow through on a lot of the animaitons an your doin stuff from the matix so your bar has been set very high , im not sayin the animations arent good jus need to faness them a bit more. keep up cheers

mistasam02
04-04-2007, 02:20 AM
I agree.. there's nothin wrong with mimicking motions from a movie, but live action timing looks different on cg characters. Your animations need a whole lot more POW in the impacts. The constant slow motion is annoying (in my opinion) and it would be cooler to see everything leading up to the impacts at normal speed. (flying through the air is fine for slowmo)

Also, as said above, your cameras are jerky too. Work on smoothing out the motions, and play with the timing. Looks like you've got a great start though! Keep it up!
:buttrock:

Rexter
04-04-2007, 02:54 AM
I had to compress the video thats why its jerky on some, just rendered it looks incredibley smooth. thx for some feedback though

fangye1999
04-04-2007, 06:16 PM
i think you'd better add more weights and adjust the timing

Vexona
04-04-2007, 10:39 PM
awsome awsome awsome

L33tace
04-04-2007, 11:42 PM
I recognised the moves from Equilibrium. looks like you had fun working on that. keep it up. :)

Rexter
05-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Made a new teamwork kill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JDOC2H_tw0
If anyone fancys doin a proper wck cg fight movie with models,backdrops etc let me kno please.

Flogag
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
ouch! nice work. Sometimes it remembers me on matrix...

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.