PDA

View Full Version : Modelling Interior Scenes ?

DJB343
04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey there,

At the moment i'm modelling a library for my upcoming student short film, and was just wondering if having no edge loops and 5 sided poly's on the model actually affect the end result .... with regards to texturing n maybe even lighting ?

Obviously the model will not be smooth in any way, and if I do need to smooth off an edge I was thinking of using the chamfer tool....

Also one more quick question, when modelling interior scenes is it better to like model most (if not all) elements as seperate objects or is it better to just create it as one complete mesh ? So like creating the doors, windows, sealing etc as one.

Hope I have not confused you lot to much, never been to good at explaining myself lol :rolleyes:

beetz15s
04-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Usually the best bet is to keep everything all 4 sided. But in cases where you just cant help it it really doesn't matter too much if you not going to smooth. And about the objects, keeps them as separate as possible because you may need to rearrange later. Here is something im working on now. Room (http://peterpanton.com/test/index.html)

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2007, 02:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.