PDA

View Full Version : Old film Effect?

Wiz
04-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey I was wondering and couldn't find an answer with the search option or any relevant Tutorial.

I was wondering How to achieve an old Film Looking which contains some Frame jumping, Scartches, Blemishes and the whole effect, Is there any addon or so which can help or is there a manual way? Would love your help, thank you very much.

ragecg
04-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, this may or may not be what your looking for, but, a few ideas come to mind:

1. Get the Magic Bullet v2.1 AE plugin, as one of the filters it has includes:
"Film damage effects - 13 filters to accurately mimic film grain, splotches, scratches, and projection artifacts"

2. Stretch a fast noise node verticly with some animated sethe rate, then add a BC node to it (brightness/contrast) and crank up the contrast till you get a vertical 'scratch-line-look', merge it over your footage with the math set to overlay or whatever looks good to you.

3. For the jumpy frames, it might be easier to hand key the jumps matched with a photoshop still of a few film frames of film complete with dividers and sprocket holes depending on how far off-center you wanna jump.

I'm still very new with Fusion, but these are the ideas that come to mind
at the moment:)

Good luck!

AngelDream
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM
These tips will not add too much motion to your composition but they may be useful to enhance the color. You could add a Film\Grain and animate it using a Shake modifier.
Another built in node is Film\Cineon Log to match a stock film. However, you can also create a branch with Grain, another branch with Cineon Log and merge them with Overlay mode or something similar.

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.