PDA

View Full Version : Objects position out of control

TheCore
04-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Ok, it could be the author that is out of control. Nevertheless, after years with Cinema I encontered a problem with objects positions. I have for almost 2 years been working on a model of "Tirpitz", counting close to a million polys - and I'm 1/3rd of the way - huh.

Heres my prob: After switching between World and Object coordinate system during the modelling process some objects starts popping up on places they should not be, like a gun turret in the mess hall. U see?
I adjust them back in place, and I have tried all ways to do that - I think - and I close the file while all looks nice. However, when I open it again that shitty gun turret is back in the mess hall. I hate that.
I refuse to believe that this is a complicated problem, but when NOTHING i try helps to keep things in place I get frustrated. I cant start over again, not after 2 years of work. I never had this prob in R9, it showed up in R10.
I have tried moving the objects, as objects, as only points/polys, resetting axis, both in local and world coordinate dialogs, but all changes seams to be only temporary. Open the file an its all a mess, again.
Help!

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2007, 06:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.