PDA

View Full Version : First Matte - Future Mongolia

MrJames
04-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Never done a matte before, but I've been wanting to for ages. Spent a couple of hours on this this morning, all the photos were taken during a trip I took last year to Asia. Crits are most welcome and needed :)

Heres the current matte:

http://www.3d-tvu.co.uk/Attachments/matte03_124.jpg

Heres the original:

http://www.3d-tvu.co.uk/Attachments/matte02_171.jpg

RichSuchy
04-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Look at the shadows from the fence posts for a clue to lighting direction. Using Dodge and burn alpha layers you work with the mountain in the back to put areas in shadow that thould be and pup up some of the lighter areas as you see fit. But for the illusion to really feel correct your lighting should be consistent in direction.

R

AnimZiggy
04-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I agree with Rich.. but colour usage is great, very warm and summery. U could vary the building sizes even more. great stuff.

don't tell me u were on the transibyrian? i'm jealous now.

MrJames
04-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the comments, I'll try to take your comments on board for my next attempt. Yes AnimZiggy I was on the transiberian :) Thats the train in the picture, its a great trip but not as glamerous as people think, not having a shower for a hole week made our cabin hell on earth.:scream:

AnimZiggy
04-11-2007, 10:38 AM
ahhh i know... what's keeping me from doing it is that i need somebody to do it with as i'm a girl and don't like travelling alone...well i have in europe but never outside...

i want to go full monty lol, from london to tokyo (yes it involves a boat too)...i was never excpecting it to be glamorous...did u get off at places? did anyone spoke english? lol... taking your thread out of topic sorry...i can pm you instead if you prefer.

MrJames
04-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Yes me and my friends did the whole trip to Tokyo as well, you can get a boat from Shanghai to Osaka, very good trip, you get to see a hell of a lot too. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, i'd be glad to help. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2007, 10:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.