PDA

View Full Version : Xoandre's SciFi Showreel 2007

xoandre
04-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Follow the link at bottom to see my Science Fiction 3d Studio Max Showreel for 2007. It features three of my Original 3D Models, with elements of each piece pointed out throughout the film... The video pretty much sums it all up...

Set to Rammstein's "Ich Will" (with subtitles in English even!)

This is a STUDENT FILM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ6cNdxhfm0

Feedback here or at YOUtube will be appreciated. Constructive criticism only please.
Thanks for the look.

--Xoandre
www.xoandre.com

Random Sime
04-02-2007, 12:06 AM
I'd ditch the subtitles. The reel is about your models, not the music or the lyrics, right?

jasondesigns
04-02-2007, 03:40 AM
I think the space station is the best of them. But still I think in general you could add more detail to all of the designs. To me the models seem a little too simple, the effect and motion graphics attract my attention more. Also I think you rotate them far too many times 2 revolutions I think would be adequate.

DoubleSupercool
04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Hmmm, Hmmmm.

Critiques

1. I would definitely not be putting the render time there. Sorry dude, but 68hrs to render that reel si not a good thing.

2. 3+ minutes for 3 models is too long. Maybe try and get it to half that length.

3. Ditch the FX.

4. Don't worry so much about the music and definitely cut the lyrics. You are showing your reel, not Rammstein's music.

5. Be consistent with your fonts = more professional.

You have some good concepts so try and see if you can push them further with a bit more detail and refining. Perhaps mix up the turtables with some wireframes and some info like the poly/tri count for the models.

Mr Stressbunny
04-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Shorter render times impress people more than longer ones.

Im not too sure if black makes a good background for your already pretty dark models, even though they are space objects. (Just my opinion)

Leave out the FX esp if the explosion/portal/wormhole the 1st ship goes into is on top of object even though it is supposed to be behind. gotcha!

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.