PDA

View Full Version : nurbs texture projections

IndigoX3
04-01-2007, 04:00 AM
I have a nurbs surface that I'd like to texture, but I did not have texturing in mind when I modelled the surface. As a result very small areas of my texture get mapped to very large areas of the surface. The texture get streched across the surface and looks pretty bad.

I tried using a cylindrical texture projection, and there is much less stretching. The problem now is that I don't know how to save out a uv snapshot of the projected uvs.

If I convert to polys and save uv snapshot, I get the same set of uvs as without the projection. How can I get a snapshot of the projected uvs?

thanks!

IndigoX3
04-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Got it!

On the converted poly, create a new uv projection that exactly matches the one used for the texture projection. Then you can take a uv snapshot of those uvs, and use it as a template for painting/drawing on. Using the texture on the original nurbs surface with the texture projection, and everything lines up perfectly!

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2007, 10:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.