PDA

View Full Version : Vue xStream and Cinema4D Hair

C4DS
03-31-2007, 02:47 PM
I am creating a scene in Cinema4D using the Hair module to generate grass on a terrain, and add trees and other vegetation using Vue6 xStream. These are mainly in the background where no grass/hair is located. Only where the two reach each other it seems as if the pixels of the two render engines add up to show an area that is too bright compared to the rest.

Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?
Some setting in Vue, or in C4D ?

thanks

In the attached image at the left side: the Vue trees, vegetation in combination with a Cinema4D terrain without grass. The right side shows the terrain with grass without Vue integration. In the center is the combined scene where the overlapping vegetation and grass/hairs are brighter than should be.

C4DS
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
One solution is to turn the hairs into polygons and apply a Polygonal Hair material, but then the color and thickness somehow change compared to the original even if "as Hair Material" is enabled.

I'll be looking further.

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.