PDA

View Full Version : Need help in low poly from photos

pajalmeida
03-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi,
I am used to model architecture from the plans, elevations and sections, resuming i am used to have all the information, but now i have a low poly work in which i have to model an existing building from some photos that they gave to me, how do i model from the photos, how can i be sure that the building will be on the correct proportions ?
How do you model this kind of works, i need advice on techniques and so
Thanks in advance.

newellteapot
03-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi!

well, I think that if the client wants you to model from photos brather than from plans, proportions are not required to be perfect.
What i would do is estimate the height of something like a window or a door (a rough estimate will probably do) and work out the overall measurements from that. Windows and doors are easier to estimate as they are based a lot on human measures. In any case, you can estimate the dimensions also by other items in the pictures, like urban objects, like lampposts etc.
Hope this helps and good luck with your work :)
Monica

suicide_sam
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi,
how can i be sure that the building will be on the correct proportions ?

find one thing that you can gauge the size of pretty close. If the door is 8'8 then you make a shape that is 8'8 and guide the rest of your house by that.

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.