PDA

View Full Version : Looking for collaborators for CG work for projection in a charity concert

mixermanic
03-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi guys,

This is a slightly different project to most of those posted here, but go with it! :D

I am producing a charity production of Les MisÚrables in Concert at the Roman Arena in Nimes (South of France). There will be a considerable amount of projected CG work to help tell the story (the "in concert" production is performed in front of microphones on a stage, not acted out).

The background of the project is as follows:

In August 2006 my stepfather suffered a massive stroke which left him completely paralysed down his right side. He was in the "Centre Medical" at Le Grau du Roi for 5 months, which is the re-education (physio) unit of the hospital CHU Carameau.

The doctors, nurses, and Physios at the Grau du Roi are absolutely fantastic, and without their help I have no doubt that my stepfather would have died. He now has limited movement in his right arm and leg, but his facial muscles have returned to normal.

Le Grau du Roi, though, is a horrendous place (think of the stereotypical Vietnam Vets recuperation centre you see in films). It is old and ill equipped. The proceeds of this concert will go towards updating the facilities. It may not be much, but it will at least be something.

I am looking for CG artists in all fields (modelling, rigging/animation, texturing/shading, matte painting) to help out with the projection. There are quite a few scenes required, although only a little character animation (mostly sets / backgrounds and VFX).

There is unfortunately no money for this project (it is charity in the truest sense of the word!) - the company is completely non-profit, and I and many others are putting our time in free. However, everyone involved will be credited in the programme (playbill :D ) and will have complete use of the final stills and animations (with recorded audio from the concert if required) for their showreels/websites/whatever they want. They will also have some comp tickets made available for the performances (September or October this year).

My pipeline is Max 9 x64 / Maya Unlimited 8.5 and 8, Vue 6 xStream, RF, AfterBurn / FumeFX, BlastCode, PhotoShop, AE / Premiere. Rendering in V-Ray and Mental Ray. Obviously though, that particular toolset is not mandatory!

I am currently waiting from the producer on confirmation of the rights for this show (hopefully it should be a formality). In the meantime, I would like to get an idea of who may be interested in helping with the CG work.

For anyone who is interested, please get in touch at martin@designersounds.co.uk or PM on this board.

Many thanks,

Martin

mixermanic
03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
I should also mention that as well as producing, co-directing, and doing the CG work, my primary role is Musical Director - which means I will be conducting the concert.

M

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.