PDA

View Full Version : AdvancedSkeletonPro Vs TSM2

kap13
03-31-2007, 02:00 AM
Which is better between The Setup Machine 2 (http://www.anzovin.com/TSM2Maya/) and Advanced Skeleton Pro (www.animationstudios.com.au)? I have used TSM2 and do like it, however it is not without it's problems particularly in joint deformation and other areas. However, I do enjoy using it and it has become a standard in my tool set. I was just wondering if animation studios software is better.
Any information is welcome and would be very helpful to me.

Ollarin
03-31-2007, 04:49 AM
I like TSM2. Since i've used it before. Though, i've not heard of AdvanceSkeleton before this. And, from the looks of it. It doesn't have auto weighting? While TSM2 does auto weighting.

Also, AdvanceSkeletonPro is $250, while TSM 2 is $99.
And another thing, Advance skeleton hasn't been updated for two years, from the looks of it.

It's your choice though, best thing to do is download the demo's and try it out. :)

grrinc
03-31-2007, 08:23 PM
I saw a similar post a while back. It appears that TSM is more automated and quicker to set up. AS is more adaptable for unusual or complicated rigs. Also, TSM's auto weighting is not intended to give you perfect weights form out of the box ( although it gets quite close ), you are generally supposed to tweak them afterwards.

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2007, 08:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.