PDA

View Full Version : Re-learning Lightwave

Isrithe
03-31-2007, 12:12 AM
I have been using maya for years, but now Im switching jobs. The company I am going to uses lightwave religiously. I only have question. Didnt there used to be some sort of preference for the navigation orbit for modeler? I think I remember that there used to be item in the menu you could select to make the navigation orbit act like it would if you were to use the rotate camera on the top panel.

WyattHarris
04-05-2007, 07:14 PM
You mean where the model would rotate continuously in perspective mode?

Wow it has been a while. I think 4.0 on Amiga was the last version that did that. I may be way off on your question though.

Cageman
04-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Modeler is locked to Trackball rotation in the perspective view. It has always been that way, I think. However, Layout rotates similar to how Maya does it, but only in Perspective View. Moving and rotation cameras looking through cameras always uses the pivot of the Camera (which is a GOOOD thing, imho).

cagey5
04-06-2007, 08:20 PM
You get two different forms of rotation with Modeller in the perspective window depending on whether you use the rotate icon on the window border or use the ALT key in combination with mouse movement.

kirigoi
04-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Although both of those methods orbit the view rather than treating it like a static camera...

By using the view icon above the perspective window, you can orbit around a specific set of co-ordinates by click-dragging the left MB, while the RMB banks the view. The easiest way to set the camera pivot is to select a few polys where you want to view, Ctrl-A to frame it in the viewport, then zoom out a bit.

When using Alt-LMB in the viewport window, clicking in the centre of the window orbits using all axes (including bank), while dragging around the edge banks the view. This method requires a little more practice as it can be rather unintuitive.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2007, 11:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.