View Full Version : W.I.P Armored Cav
03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Wanna make a video of Clanners (from the Battletech storyline) finding Earth in 50yrs time. This is then a half modern/scifi video. Gonna use it as a self training project to improve my skills:
I think it's important to note that Armored Cav is the final exam and Wargames (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4298318) is the class excercise/test/internal assessment, etc.
1. Allow re-entry and engage once dropships reach 10,000ft
2. F-22s of Wolves 1 through 5 will mix it up close with enemy aircraft while, FA-24s of (Attack flight designation) 1 through 3 will streak in and strike at the dropships.
1. MLRS of Artillery Battery 12 will strike at dropships and surrounding areas.
2. RAH-66 Comanches of Flight 228 will harass enemy forces and gauge their strength ahead of Armored Company D. They should report their findings directly to Armored Company D.
3. Armored Company D will destroy any and all hostile forces in the area with Flight 228 providing Close Air Support.
1) Once our great Kahn sent his Batchall, they first respond by telling us to leave their airspace.
2) Then they launch a missile that almost immediately after launch began to fall apart. Whatever the case, a large chunk remained and continued towards to the Warship. It has been dealt with.
3) The people of this planet Terra are surprisingly un-understanding of the situation they face. It's strange in any case. Alongside this transmissions from the planet indicate the date to be 25th July, 2050. If this true, our historical data on Terra from this period vary greatly from this. The facility that launched the missile isn't listed on any database. It does seem from orbital reconnaissance, that it has a considerable garrison on guard there.
Since there's no reply to our Batchall, the site of the coming battle will be at the missile facility, but it must be captured intact. Judging from what we can see of the level of security surrounding it, it's an extremely important facility that might be able to yield considerable information on this planet.
1. Deploy all dropships with all garrisons and land them 75kms from the facility.
2. After the Aerotech divisions escort the dropships down, they'll begin a bombardment of the facility against any and all threats.
3. All mech garrisons will support the Elementals as they storm and secure the facility.
03-30-2007, 11:06 PM
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2232/f224ra5.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f224ra5.jpg)http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7531/f223vt5.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f223vt5.jpg)http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9485/f222dz4.th.jpg (http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f222dz4.jpg)http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/867/f221ih1.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f221ih1.jpg)
What the JSF should've been, complete with swing wings and thrust vectoring.
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/140/fa424jc9.th.jpg (http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fa424jc9.jpg)http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8681/fa423ru7.th.jpg (http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fa423ru7.jpg)http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7992/fa422uh0.th.jpg (http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fa422uh0.jpg)http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6586/fa421vr7.th.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fa421vr7.jpg)
03-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Terran vehicles continued
Anti Orbital Nuclear Missile.
http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/3608/aonm4zp9.th.jpg (http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aonm4zp9.jpg)http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3237/aonm3mf2.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aonm3mf2.jpg)http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1184/aonm2rx3.th.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aonm2rx3.jpg)http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1293/aonm1ju5.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aonm1ju5.jpg)
RAH-66 Comanche helicopter complete with stealth pods.
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1284/rah664xk4.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rah664xk4.jpg)http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2139/rah663bc2.th.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rah663bc2.jpg)http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9146/rah662kq2.th.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rah662kq2.jpg)http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5383/rah661xv0.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rah661xv0.jpg)
03-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Terran vehicles continued
"Blu 2" Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV).
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9346/ucav1tu8.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ucav1tu8.jpg)http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6914/ucav2ul3.th.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ucav2ul3.jpg)http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/34/ucav3am0.th.jpg (http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ucav3am0.jpg)http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1897/ucav4tm1.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ucav4tm1.jpg)
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/6662/awacs4dl3.th.jpg (http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=awacs4dl3.jpg)http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2432/awacs3kt5.th.jpg (http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=awacs3kt5.jpg)http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1715/awacs2xf8.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=awacs2xf8.jpg)http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6938/awacs1eg7.th.jpg (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=awacs1eg7.jpg)
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Terran vehicles continued
Rail gun digitally loaded with Kinetic Energy Penetrator rounds
Anti Vehicular laser
20mm three-barrel gun
Active Denial System (Anti missile/personell Phalanx based defense system)
Advanced Precision Kill System (Next step of the Hydra rocket family)
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/338/nazgulrcv4ni8.th.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nazgulrcv4ni8.jpg)http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8392/nazgulrcv3rk0.th.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nazgulrcv3rk0.jpg)http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6894/nazgulrcv2ec8.th.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nazgulrcv2ec8.jpg)http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6466/nazgulrcv1ew3.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nazgulrcv1ew3.jpg)
HUMVEE Mark II armed with Ground To Air - Ground (G-TAG) Missile rack and DREAD weapon system. Based on Marine RST-V.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7995/hmmvvmkii4pt0.th.jpg (http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmmvvmkii4pt0.jpg)http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1843/hmmvvmkii3ih6.th.jpg (http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmmvvmkii3ih6.jpg)http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7170/hmmvvmkii2kk1.th.jpg (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmmvvmkii2kk1.jpg)http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2931/hmmvvmkii1xg9.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmmvvmkii1xg9.jpg)
03-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Last of the Terran vehicles
Multiple Rocket Launch Artillery system. Designed this one as a mixed breed with the mobility of HIMARS with the firepower of the original MLRS.
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7648/himars4dx9.th.jpg (http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=himars4dx9.jpg)http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9040/himars3xx5.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=himars3xx5.jpg)http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/704/himars2dg4.th.jpg (http://img455.imageshack.us/my.php?image=himars2dg4.jpg)http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9647/himars1ky7.th.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=himars1ky7.jpg)[/QUOTE]
03-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Seydelitz IIC Aerospace fighter.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5835/seydelitziic4ti8.th.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seydelitziic4ti8.jpg)http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4130/seydelitziic3lq3.th.jpg (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seydelitziic3lq3.jpg)http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/889/seydelitziic2cs8.th.jpg (http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seydelitziic2cs8.jpg)http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9238/seydelitziic1zw1.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seydelitziic1zw1.jpg)
Overlord D dropship.
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4081/overlordd4lk4.th.jpg (http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=overlordd4lk4.jpg)http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/56/overlordd3be8.th.jpg (http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=overlordd3be8.jpg)http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/818/overlordd2he9.th.jpg (http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=overlordd2he9.jpg)http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7272/overlordd1qs2.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=overlordd1qs2.jpg)
03-31-2007, 06:43 PM
SKWS Talon Soyuz MkII warship.
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3984/skwstalonsoyuzmkii4wd2.th.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skwstalonsoyuzmkii4wd2.jpg)http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/1589/skwstalonsoyuzmkii3nk0.th.jpg (http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skwstalonsoyuzmkii3nk0.jpg)http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1803/skwstalonsoyuzmkii2fz0.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skwstalonsoyuzmkii2fz0.jpg)http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6089/skwstalonsoyuzmkii1ri6.th.jpg (http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skwstalonsoyuzmkii1ri6.jpg)
05-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Well, I've begun remodeling and retexturing work on the Nazgul. Pretty much finished UVing what I feel's necessary. So now that U cee it, what else do u think I should UV?
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5055/61198444ag0.th.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=61198444ag0.jpg)http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5552/55306317fn8.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=55306317fn8.jpg)http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9951/84738030ev8.th.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=84738030ev8.jpg)http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5888/13283178gm6.th.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13283178gm6.jpg)http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4455/11314107nq1.th.jpg (http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11314107nq1.jpg)
I any case, jumping the gun a bit, I've got some pointers to consider while I texture this thing and for this I really want input on how exactly to do it because I'm a klutz!
- Nazgul RCV has been in service for 2.5 years.
- This particulary machine has been issued in a desert environment for all those years.
- It hasn't seen any conflict only excercises (live fire or otherwise)
- It is however kept at a constant high state of readiness.
- Generally, I expect it to have about the same wear and tear as today's deployed F-22 Raptors.
Now that, that's said, I'm gonna go make a mess of the textures. But, I'll still be checkin for replies. Later.
05-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Well I didn't get any replies, but I wasn't checking anyway so it's all good. Anyway, here are the results of my labour. I think it shows where I've textured and where I haven't and I'm honestly surprised by the result. At least TS had a shader I am currently using for the top hip to leg joint, but the renderer I used doesn't support it. Ah well.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8959/20875030nw2.th.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20875030nw2.jpg)http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7345/28863162ob1.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28863162ob1.jpg)
All's left now is the torso. Then my bane... rigging.:eek:
05-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Thanx for the input. Well, I'm done:
Also did a quick hash together of the arms and legs.
Obviously it needs more work but that's a story for another night. This night it's sleep.
05-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Right. I just remembered that before moving on to full body rigging and animation, I have to setup my particles. So I'm starting with the arms:
- Muzzleflash (perfect)
- Bullets (not so perfect, PrimalParticles FX can't gimme the effect I want and what I've not am not so sure about)
- Cannon vents (the real test is right within the 1st second of the vid, wanted to see how well it comes out in bursts which it will in the final)
- Shell casings (terrible head on but wonderful from the side, much like the bullets. Need a new solution)
05-20-2007, 01:40 PM
More testing the particles concerned with the arms:
- Muzzleflash (is alright - no changes)
- Bullets (now single rounds instead of triple shot and sped up)
- Cannon vents (gas bursts are alright)
- Shell casings (good looking from the side not so much anywhere else - might get away with it)
05-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Well I'm done rigging the legs, but it's still a mess. The link below goes to two versions of what I've done:
- 1st version (03 legs anim1.scn) was rigged with Motionstudio pro.
Problem here is, that MS pro is easy to work with while animating but am I really going to have to tweak every movement of my joints. Wiggling the foot about shows the knee moving in all sorts of places it shouldn't.
- 2nd version (03 legs anim2.scn) was rigged with Truespaces joints (2d, 3d spherical, etc).
Here the problem's reversed. Now the joints move exactly as I want them to, that is until I try actually creating proper poses. Moving the foot causes the whole thing to just mess about almost completely. Sure it moves where I want it to (barely) but the abormal rotations are a headache + I can't actually select an element (EG: foot) and move it to a certain (XYZ) position (a la Motionstudio) without pulling it "out" off the whole rig, there by messing the whole thing up.
Well, I've basically hashed up my explanations for my problems, but just take a look at the files anyway and gimme some opinions and ideas plz. Thanx.
PS: Please, PLEASE "save link as" and if it doesn't work try again later.
05-26-2007, 12:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.