PDA

View Full Version : pro's knowledge wanted here

dosealas
03-07-2003, 01:41 PM
hi all,

the thing that is messing my mind for the last 30 minutes is:

for the ones who dont know...divx and other compression technics work by finding the moving part in a frame and coding it..the parts that dont move (like backgrounds) are not recalculated they stay there until the next moving part comes over it..

ill try to give an example

lets say we have a park in the background and a car moving a cross the image..the camera is stable..it doesnt move at all...after we have decoded this to divx...what the data tells the player is..to just process the pixels where the car is moving...in other words the pixels where the car does not pass through are not computted (this is what makes divx so powerfull) ...

my question is there a way just to capture the 2d movement and not the colors...in other words is there a way to capture the moving part..and using it as a matte or alpha channel?

hope i got through:)

NESEL*
03-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Try 2D3 - PixelDust..... exactly want you want!!!!

LESEN*aka*NESEL

eudemonie
03-07-2003, 01:58 PM
-

or monkey. cheaper and available as plug in

-
eu

beaker
03-07-2003, 03:48 PM
>>or monkey. cheaper and available as plug in

Thats Mokey, not monkey.
http://www.mokey.net/

>>Try 2D3 - PixelDust..... exactly want you want!!!!

PixelDust is still not shipping yet.

Icarus will let you remove foreground objects if thats what your after:
http://aig.cs.man.ac.uk/icarus/

dosealas
03-07-2003, 07:12 PM
i knew i wasnt gonna get to explain my thing at first:)

i dont wanna remove any object...i just want the moving parts to be mapped so i can change the map...i will explain with an avi...

NESEL*
03-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Rotoscope seam to be the best Good old way :thumbsup:

Good luck

LESEN*

Tommi
03-07-2003, 08:26 PM
Just want to criticise your thread title. First of all this place is supposed to be a professional's place, second of all, "non-pros" also could answer your question, third of all, thread titles need to be descriptive so that you can get an idea of your message, that's for most of the people here a big time saver.
Just a few thoughts :wavey:

Hugh
03-08-2003, 01:20 AM
Depending on how static your background actually is, you could do a difference key on it...

chicolima
03-08-2003, 01:33 AM
Hi,

Mokey will do two things:

- 1 - generate a matte of the pixels that are moving.
- 2 - remove the pixels that are moving and reconstruct the background.

So in this case you'll have a matte of the pixels that are moving and you'll be able to apply replace those pixels with any other video/texture.

I guess this is what you want to do correct?

See you.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.