PDA

View Full Version : KeyFrmaing

.:BoS:.
03-07-2003, 01:21 PM
I have a big Problem. I made animated particles. Then I want aplly emmiters motion to ball. When I copy keys Xposition and Yposition from emmiter and then Past it instead ball's Xposition and Yposition, after it, I'll get mirrored trajectory.(((((((((((

GrantKay
03-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Hi,

What you need to take into account that the co-ordinates in the compositor for the layers is different for the co-ordinates inside the operators or filters.

So if you position a layer at X=0 and y=0, the layer will be in the center. If your emitter had co-ordinates of X=0 and Y=0 then the emitter will be in the top left of the screen.

I have logged this issue but I do have a workaround for your situation.

If your ball is a static image and the image is the same size as your composition then this is a way to deal with it.

You have already created the motion path for your particles. You import your ball image into combustion and add a paint operator to the ball layer.

In paint draw a selection around the ball. Deselect the selction and cut (CTRL-X) and Paste (CTRL-V). This will create a pasted version of your ball which is now a movable object.

Note, if you do not deselect the section when doing a copy or paste action then you will be duplicating the selection and not the actual image.

Since you have cut the ball out of the image, you have left a gap in the background which needs filling. Create a large white rectangle across the entire image. Select this rectangular object and change the channel from RGA to "Alpha". Ensure the colour is black. Now in the workspace panel move the rectangle to below the psted image.

This repairs the alpha channel after cutting it out..

So what you should have in the paint operator is your ball on black and the ball is a movable object ;)

Scale the ball down to the correct size you want and copy and paste the keyframes on the pasted image inside paint (not on the layers!)

When you look at your composite again this will ensure that the keyframes match the particles.

I know it is a bit of a workaround but it works.

Regards
Grant

discreet UK

.:BoS:.
03-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Thank YOU!!!1:beer: :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.