PDA

View Full Version : Day To Night-- Effect Competition !

Jack Pfeiffer
03-07-2003, 01:03 PM
The VFXTalk.com Challenge: Let There Be Night!

The website www.vfxtalk.com has a competition and challenge going on:

Download a provided daytime image (470k Jpeg,) and modify the shot to be a night time shot... You can adjust and add any fun night-time goodies or effects you wish, such as moons, stars etc. You are reqested to also remove (paint out) the foreground cars and people.

You should use any of the 2d software from the listed forums at VFXTalk.com - see the list at: http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/

Note: anything further that you want to add to the shot to enhance or besutify it, such as adding the flying car from Harry Potter, or the USS Voyager ...whatever.... is completely up to you.

The main emphasis is on creating a night time shot from the plate. Submit your entry before the LAST DAY OF MARCH. You are encouraged to ask questions and seek help at the VFXTALK.COM software forum of your choice.

See the complete VFXTalk.com rules here:
http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300

Members will VOTE for the best shot. The winner is requested to post their workspace as a tutorial.

Check it out!

eudemonie
03-07-2003, 02:11 PM
hallo jack

sorry to say that, but it seems you only come to cgtalk for
promotion ... for your book, for vfxtalk.com :hmm:

but i like the contest idea

--
eu

Jack Pfeiffer
03-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Well .. OK......

But, if you check ALL my posts, I also been to contribute infomation too ... Things like "How to Learn Combustion... "
And I certainly will attempt to contribute more....

I already serve as a Combustion co-host at a few other places... Personally, I am a trainer and demo artist, so, I guess I feel that I pop-in here more to "spread the word" and also "cross-pollinate" between good forums, such as this one .. :bowdown:

If that is WRONG... well, my error I guess.. I was not aware that this forum had such "rules.. ?" I have been through a lot of forums, and talkn' 'bout combustion is what it's all about, right?

And seeing how this forum is LINKED to the upcoming 3D Festival at the Bella Center in Copenhagen... I will be there to do Combustion demos and answer questions. We may also do some give-aways with my book, too.

see ya,
JACK
denmark

eudemonie
03-07-2003, 02:46 PM
hi jack

please don't misunderstand me! i know you very well,
from c. cow etc. my post was, cause i am hoping you
could integrate yourself here on cgtalk a little bit more

- but you promised to do so, so there is no problem,

I also been to contribute infomation too ... Things like "How to Learn Combustion... "

:) ok, but 4 of your 9 posts are about the VFXTalk.com Challenge
from today in several forums here on cgtalk :) :)

have a nice day
-eu

Zeio
03-08-2003, 10:53 PM
I'd have to disagree with you eudemonie.

I think Jack's post is appropriate for this specific forum "Compositing and Visual Effects". I wish there were more challenges to improve compositing/vfx skills, and Jack is just informing everyone who is interested in compositing that there is another challenge in addition to the ones found here on Cgtalk. While Cgtalk is my primary forum, I wish more people interested in VFX and compositing would participate over at VFXTalk.com.

The more information the better, especially since compositing/vfx forums/info are much more difficult to find than 3d modeling etc.

-Zeio

Hugh
03-09-2003, 03:22 AM
We've got a lot of stuff planned for VFXTalk - monthly challenges will be on their way - this one is just a 'starter' challenge - future ones will be more complex, and require more from the participants...

We'd love anyone and everyone to take part in the challenges - in my mind, it's all about having fun, and seeing what we can push ourselves to, and learn along the way.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.