PDA

View Full Version : the zhidiya, Patrick 'bran' Schemat (2D)

Bran
03-30-2007, 09:31 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/136834/136834_1175247062_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/136834/136834_1175247062_large.jpg)

Title: the zhidiya
Name: Patrick 'bran' Schemat
Software: Photoshop

hi again :),

another painting in photoshop, about one and a half day.

"who would have known, that the threat by orcs was only a minor danger compared to the revealing of the existence of the venomous demons - the zhidiya.
living in the deepest hearts of the eldest forests, they poison the light and lurk for victims coming in their way.
but they don't favor the open fight as the orcs do. no, they wait in the mists between the trees to attack from behind with zhidiyan poison-magic.
the zhidiya have a pale white skin seeming to glow from within, and their genderlessnes points to an origin of divine creation."

what do you think of it?

bran

funarty
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I really like the texture in the mist,nice one.:bounce: :D

jramauri
03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Very good work! She looks like a kid, was this the intention?
Great choice of colors.

Zorrino
03-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Excellent work.

CG-Condottier
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Gut gemacht! :thumbsup:
Besonders mit den Farben!

Pegahoul
03-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Cool character. I love how it glows

niva
03-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Great looking piece, she's glowing nicely and the eyes and lack of nose is a nice design too.

My big crit is related to the hand/weapon - basically the weapon (due to shape of the head and shading looks as if it's coming out of the page - however, her hand positioning with the arm tie-in looks as if she's holding it pointed downwards at the ground and behind her back. One thing to help fix this issue is use of a shadow on the ground being cast by the weapon, also generically fixing the shape of the head of the weapon and the shading on it would make it much better too. Hope this helps, good stuff on the design once again!

Darthiir
03-31-2007, 08:17 AM
She gives light! Really nice work!

*wave*

Darth

goombaman
03-31-2007, 08:41 AM
I really like the design of this character. And a nice expression on her...its face lol. You have a good sense of rendering on characters. If I may, i have a couple of crits i think might help you're illustrating. You're character is nicely detailed and painted, i think your enviroments need some work though. Try painting from a refference of just a random landscape a day, copying it as best you can, then doing one based on that from your memory, you'll be surprised at how fast your enviroments will get better. Second, i really like the shapes you have going on in the hair and skirt thingy-magig, i would have maybe tied it into the staff design for your character, just repeating shapes might help that cause the staff stands out from the character a bit, also, make it the same material possibly as the rest of her metal, sense this is what the race of people use apparently to make their jewelry and such. This is just my opinion and again a really nice illustration. Keep up the great work.

Mitra
03-31-2007, 12:26 PM
i like you work
you have nice design

Bran
04-02-2007, 06:29 AM
hi,

thank you for your critiques :)

yes, i have a big problem painting landscapes and environments, but thanks to goombaman, i'll be trying doing my best next time and to paint a more acceptable one.

bran

Spc
04-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Very nice and unique piece of art.
4 Stars.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2007, 02:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.