PDA

View Full Version : Reqruitment for Morrowind TC

Hellwolve
03-07-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm leading an futuristic Morrowind TC at the moment, and we badly need low-poly (game) modellers.

To be exact:

-character modellers
-weapon modellers
-statics modellers

Contact me via mail, PM me here, or just reply in this thread if you're interested.

More info on this TC can be found on www.postapoc.tk

Hellwolve
03-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Oh, one thing I forgot: We got concept artists, so if you prefer to work from concepts, we can help you with that.

Hellwolve
03-09-2003, 09:52 PM
(three times is a charm.....I hope....)

139 views and no replies, exept those of myself?

Stygian
03-09-2003, 09:59 PM
Hey hellwolve whats the polycount and texute limit like for Morrowwind ?

TRyanD
03-09-2003, 11:09 PM
wow someone else from tulsa :D

Stygian
03-10-2003, 01:43 AM
Hey Major Lee yeah actually technically I'm in Jenks :wavey:

SPyDeR WeBz
03-10-2003, 01:55 AM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47965

That link shows how you/mod makers/concept artists should make their outlines of characters to use in their modz.

That helps the modelers out alot, and they can kind of work faster with good views such as these.

Cya
SPyDeR

TRyanD
03-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Stygian
Hey Major Lee yeah actually technically I'm in Jenks :wavey:

:applause: Heya :D I work at Taco Bell in the mornings :| so you may have seen me around before :O Hopefuly youll be seeing some of my models around here soon too :D

/me is a noob modeller still :(

Morrowind is a pretty tight game, but making a tc for a game like that?

It would be SP, and by the time its done the game would be alot more dated... plus since its a SP game there wouldnt be as much advertising for it and less downloads.

I dont know what kind of mod your making but their are better engines for it than morrowind i would think (although its editor was cool :D) like the Unreal Engine games (also badass editor).

Either way GL i have morrowind and if news ever gets to me of a release ill try it out :thumbsup:

Edouard
03-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Ik heb wel intresse, Ik heb een tijdje als low poly modeller gewerkt voor een bedrijf dat VR simulaties maakte...mischien kan ik je er wel mee helpen. Succes:buttrock:

Hellwolve
03-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Edouard
Ik heb wel intresse, Ik heb een tijdje als low poly modeller gewerkt voor een bedrijf dat VR simulaties maakte...mischien kan ik je er wel mee helpen. Succes:buttrock:

Okay, das mooi :thumbsup: Stuur me ff een mailtje
( j_van_den_bos@hotmail.com ) met wat voorbeelden van je werk, en dan praten we verder. Okay?

Originally posted by Major Lee High
<SNIP>Morrowind is a pretty tight game, but making a tc for a game like that?

It would be SP, and by the time its done the game would be alot more dated... plus since its a SP game there wouldnt be as much advertising for it and less downloads.

I dont know what kind of mod your making but their are better engines for it than morrowind i would think (although its editor was cool :D) like the Unreal Engine games (also badass editor).

Either way GL i have morrowind and if news ever gets to me of a release ill try it out :thumbsup:

Half-Life is still alive. I believe Morrowind has the same, or even better, potential. BTW, what does it matter that it's SP?

Hey hellwolve whats the polycount and texute limit like for Morrowwind ?

Weapons are about 500-1000.

Creatures around the average amount of 3000-8000 polys. 6000 is the limit; most of the time you'll see more than one creature; if the creature will be isolated and won't show up in the game with other creatures on the screen at the same time you can use the 8000 poly limit.

For statics, it depends on what kind of static you'r talking about.. Simple statics like boulders or cups, and misc. small stuff would be a few hundred polys.. Bigger statics such as trees would be around 2000 as the upper limit. I would stick around 1500-1600 as the real upper limit.

3000-5000 for characters. As long as all the body parts together don't add up too much more than that; Morrowind makes up (N)PC's out of bodyparts.

Thanks for the reactions so far :cool:
Edouard, Stygian, please respond ASAP ;)

Stygian
03-11-2003, 08:27 AM
Hey hellwolve I read your site and the back story I did just a quick concept to show you to make sure I'm thinking in the right groove. This is just a quick sketch and color so never mind that it looks like a comic . Its sounds like fun and lord knows I could use the practice.
http://www.stygianstudios.com/images/concept_01.jpg

Hellwolve
03-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey hellwolve I read your site and the back story I did just a quick concept to show you to make sure I'm thinking in the right groove. This is just a quick sketch and color so never mind that it looks like a comic . Its sounds like fun and lord knows I could use the practice.[/IMG]

I've seen your model for UT2003, and now I've seen one of your concepts. If you want in, you're welcome :thumbsup:

Just mail me ( j_van_den_bos@hotmail.com ) with "yes" or "no", then I'll reply with some specifics for moddeling for Morrowind; I don't want to clutter this thread up any more.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.