PDA

View Full Version : Cinema 4D R10 Character Rigging Tutorial

sethminnich
03-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to cinema, I've learned 3DS Max in school and have been using that since. I've recently took on learning cinema 4D and would like to know if anyone can help me rig my character i've built. I have until wednesday (4/4/07) to show my client a rendered animation of the character moving and i've been racking my brain and researching the internet for answers to my mistakes. I can't find anything about importing a .bvh file so it can take on my already rigged character. I know in 3DS Max you can load .bip files and if you have your character rigged he will take on that mocap file and you hit play and your character will act out the mocap file. Is there any way to do this in cinema 4d r10? Does anyone have a good tutorial (or know of any). I did the tutorials on the cinema 4d r10 goodies cd that has a complete tutorial to built a character rig, animate, texture and render...it hits every aspect of version r10 from where everything is in the interface to modeling and rigging a character. The problem is i made my own character and tried to follow along with the rigging tutorial and after i rigged and weighted my character he is not reacting the way i want him to (ex: polygons intersecting and stupid things like that.) If someone could look at my file and let me know whats wrong with it or how to import a .bvh file to use for my animation i would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance for any help!!!

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2007, 05:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.