PDA

View Full Version : Another HUMAN HEAD model

frank
01-03-2002, 03:08 PM
Here's a human head study I'm working on. Tell me what you like and what you don't.

Thanks for your input.

Frank

http://www.cgchannel.com/bordez/head_render.jpg

Jean Eric
01-03-2002, 03:23 PM
Very nice... I look forward to see the textures... :-)

LFShade
01-03-2002, 03:34 PM
Say, that's pretty good!

You've done a fantastic job with the ears. Having recently wrestled with this tricky part of the anatomy myself, I can appreciate the quality work you've done here.

Eyes and their surrounding topology are still a sticky spot for me, but you've done them quite well. I'd love to get a look at the wireframe in this area of your model.

Is this Lightwave, by chance? If not, then what technique did you use? NURBS? Subdiv? I'd love to know your workflow.

bassaminator
01-03-2002, 03:42 PM
he looks great and familiar (is he anyone specific?)
one crit: this maybe due to the projection, but it looks to me that the inside eye is too far backward (ouside to far forward?) that make his eyes appear to be looking towards each other, esp. in the 3/4 view, like some one used two fingers on either side of the nose bridge and pushed the face in. Thus the right eye appears to be looking right at you and the left eye looking somewhere to your left when you view the 3/4 view. Its the only thing that seems to be maring a perfect work.

houshi
01-03-2002, 10:53 PM
looking good....

i just think the upper lip looks a lil weird, maybe it should be pushed back a bit. i also think the inside eye bit is pushed too far back. the seam on the chin is showin a bit. and i think the brow and forehead should be a lil more forward and not pushed back.

wanna see it textured...:)
keep up the good work...

frank
01-04-2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys, for your critics.

Jean Eric: Thanks! I'm not sure that I gonna make textures for this model. I think I gonna use it as a starting model to make weird creatures.

LFShade: Thanks for the ears comments. While doing them I realized that my undertanding of the ears volume was mostly bidimentional. When I started to think about them in a more tridimentional way, it became a lot more easy to model. The model is done in LW BTW.

Bassaminator: The model is mostly based on a picture of myself. After I had the basic shapes done I tweaked it to make it look different from me. Thank for you eye analysis. I knew there was a problem there but I couldn't find exactly what is was. Your input is gonna help me fix that.

Houshi: I gonna make the upper lips a bit thicker and I think that what looks weird is the edge that's too sharp. I'll tweak the chin and the eyebrow area. Thanks. About the foread, I'm sorry, that's the way God (or mothe nature created mine) :)

-Frank

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.