PDA

View Full Version : Did I see facial boning in Zbrush 3 ?

Michaelws
03-29-2007, 06:44 AM
I swear I saw a video of a facial mesh in Zbrush 3 where someone just drew out some linked bones across the lips (masseter muscle area) and other expressive lines on the face and then actually rotated one of the bones at the corner of the mouth and the linked bones followed it's motion and also the vertices as though they were already weighted.

I have since tried to re-locate this video but have not found it anywhere. Was I just dreaming this? It looked like it was an automated rigging system for the face,but then, in the same video, they showed some retopologizing tools and simply used the new mesh (deformed using the bones) as a surface upon which a new mesh was drawn.

Sure would love to locate this video again. And if anyone has seen that, why can't this type of boning/skinning process be done as a plugin for something like 3ds max. It seemed to work incredibly smooth.

Thanks for any leads on this.

Michael

Ordibble-Plop
03-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Those old sneak peek videos came out in November 2004.

The one you are talking about shows what they called a modeling surface-rig used to deform a head prior to reconstructing a mesh over it. The rig was constructed from a network/cage of small zspheres.

At the same time they released another video showing another type of modeling rig made of zspheres within the mesh.

The latest video shows what they are calling transpose, which looks to be slightly different, at least visually, so whether the zsphere rigs will be available in ZB3 in their original form is anyone's guess for the next 6 weeks or so.

Michaelws
03-29-2007, 05:07 PM
thanks for the reply...at least I was not dreaming I saw that. Sure wish there was a rigging system that did that, within max.

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2007, 05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.