PDA

View Full Version : Reel for Critique

visionparadox
03-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Hello all, I made this reel strictly for critiquing, it isn't my actual demo. It's just a batch of animations that I have worked on and could really use the critique.
Reel (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/22/541456/critique_video_3.mov)

Thanks I appreciate it!

thehive
03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
ok saw the demo, needs a lot of work an direction here are my crits not to put you down or anything jus my thought on what u need to to make a better demo yo only have one chance to make a first impression.

Rendering: way to dark

clip 1: need more anticipation on the fist swing then second needs way more the swing is too slow for the energy in the yell , dont move the cam seems detached from the shot
when 1st ball hit him an dose that balancing act he need follow through movin backward to rebalance him self when he gets hit in the groin an yelp the ball in his mouth should fly out or at least that what i get from the sound his knees should buckle a bit under pain then fall, when he falls on his face is one thing but it stop try having him slide flat.

clip 2: is all over the place i dont see an since of direction jus a box jumpin around
guy gose nuts cause it jumps on his head. as for the box the box seems to build up energy towards the end which makes no since. i think you should remove this clip jus hurts your demo.

clip3: way to fast an an way too dark to comment jus save out play blast

clip4: not bad could use more animation to make it more interesting

clip5: jus a character putting a box on a box

clip6: generi put a indistinct object in his mouth then is shock by it why?

clip7: jus a walk cycle needs more work

clip8: the fall the anticipation in the air waay to long then you pay the animation on the with out the floor

clip9: the bag was gettin interesting as to what he was doing then the demo cuts off

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.