PDA

View Full Version : midget gangster

CaptainHowdy
03-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Hey guys,

whelp, this is my very first post here on cg talk. and I decided to post a painting here in works in progress, and see if i could get some helpful feedback to try and finish this piece off. I kinda hit a artistic roadblock...any helpful crits are greatly appreciated.

Johnny c

Randize
03-29-2007, 06:14 AM
The small boss was left out on focus. Perhaps it would look pleasant if you pan the whole scenery up so that the little boss is 1/3rd of the whole length. That would shift the focus to him.

winchester
03-29-2007, 07:12 PM
I love the little gangsters design. I think he makes for a great focal point of your image. I think the comedy here, lies in the little guy beeing the boss of all the surrounding larger gangsters. Maybe if the other gangsters looked bigger and meaner it would be even more funny. Id also suggest doing a few variations on your composition to try some other approaches out. I find working with a square ratio is always difficult.

Great start! Hope to see this develope further.

primativ
03-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I really like the character designs, the only crit I have is the reflection in the table is distracting. I think setting its transparency a bit lower and adding some more blur to it would help.

Good start!

CaptainHowdy
04-01-2007, 02:33 AM
nice..well thanks guys for the advice..I guess i'll see what i can do from here!

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2007, 02:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.