PDA

View Full Version : Model Sheet Making. What Posture?

chrisdejoya
03-07-2003, 05:59 AM
http://home2.pacific.net.ph/~cmijares8/mod.jpg

hey all, could any of the seasoned pros or art school kiddies take a look at the model sheets i've done and give me a few pointers? i'm not a student of anything game related, so i really don't have a clue what i'm doing.

i'm mainly concerned about the posture, should the arms and legs be more spreadeagled? is a side-view of the arm necessary? i'm sure there's a lot i'm missing, and tips would be much appreciated.

SPyDeR WeBz
03-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Whoa man those are great how'd you do them?

I like how they differ in size.

Sry i can't help ya.

mtmckinley
03-07-2003, 06:44 AM
I think those would be very adequate for modeling with. :) Nice job!

chrisdejoya
03-07-2003, 09:42 AM
they're just pencil sketches on graphing paper, tweaked in photoshop (you can see breaks in the grid on some areas.)

tips? :/

MySpleen
03-07-2003, 06:35 PM
You might want to do a close up detailed view of the head, front/side.

Ancient-Pig
03-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Those look good for modeling....I would say that for concepting that the more drawings you have the better. Even if you're going to model them yourself, it will still shed a lot of light on what you're thinking of as far as the finished product.

Just puts thoughts in a visual form...looks good though dude.

My only crit is that on the humanoids, youll probably want a drawing of the arm from the front too...

koinu
03-07-2003, 10:37 PM
About your poses, usuallyI put my characters in the default pose. Arms outreached to the side with the thumbs pointing upward. Other than tha tnice model sheets.

Ancient-Pig
03-07-2003, 11:21 PM
The 'Jesus' pose puts too much stress on the shoulders in terms of stretching..having them more relaxed is beneficial

Asorson
03-08-2003, 05:16 AM
They work for me, I could certainly model from them.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.