PDA

View Full Version : Now look what you did!!! 2 Environmental PSAs

ivanisavich
03-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Hey guys and gals,

Well a while back at MAKE we created a couple of fun "Environmental PSAs" to advertise the real dangers of smoking and littering. You can now check them out at:

www.nowlookwhatyoudid.com (http://www.nowlookwhatyoudid.com/)

Or, for direct links:

Cigarette: www.nowlookwhatyoudid.com/movies/MAKE_Cigarette_01.mov (http://www.nowlookwhatyoudid.com/movies/MAKE_Cigarette_01.mov)

Trash: www.nowlookwhatyoudid.com/movies/MAKE_Trash_01.mov (http://www.nowlookwhatyoudid.com/movies/MAKE_Trash_01.mov)

Take a peek and leave a comment!

Booyah
03-29-2007, 04:55 AM
THose were awesome, I especially like the smoking one. Great animation, great effects, and really cool style. The globe on fire and the melting squirel was a disturbing touch

visionparadox
03-29-2007, 05:27 AM
These were some great vids, i especially enjoyed the first one. They really send out a message.

spinal
03-29-2007, 06:29 AM
That is amazing work, Animation is sooo well done and the look and feel is just…A+
Also loved the way you anticipate the ignition of the environment and animals. The sound is well done and it really makes one listen as soon as the main events start to role.
Loved it and taking it to hart!

Blazer
03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
They are chipmunks!

No one gets it :cry:

fightingthumb
03-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Once again, amazing quailty stuff. Thats pretty F-ing messed up, but freaking awesome at the same time. I love the toony-ness of the garbage one. great animation. Good job guys! look forward to your next endeavor. And good luck in school tyson! i am not quite sure why you of all people need school, but i suppose you can only get better, so I wish you good luck!

Scob
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Great Stuff !!!
All is impressive..!
And love the idea , especially the first one ...
cheer..

Jerome

kevinw
03-29-2007, 03:41 PM
You already know what I think man.

Just thought your thread could use some padding :)

richardoud
03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
really nice.. love the first one!

My Fault
03-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Hopefully no one had to shoot reference for the suffocating chipmunk! :scream:

Brilliant stuff from MAKE as always.

mhenry
03-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Great Job!

eschulist
03-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Wonderfully disturbing

Happy Tree Friends in 3D with a message, love it!

webhead
03-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Loved both of them - they really struck a chord with me. It's a shame that people are so ignorant, and selfish that they have to be reminded not to toss their crap just anywhere. One of my biggest pet-peeves is seeing someone toss their cigarette butt out a car window. We have one planet to live on - and this is it - so, we have to take care of it.

tide78
03-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Ho humm. They didn't turn out half bad... :)

Ranimate
03-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow, nice, I really liked them.

I think you guys really managed to make the viewer see how awefull these things are, we always see cartoony animals that actually survive disasters like these but here you actually see them die, it did make me say "ohhhhhhhhh..." like touchy crowd in a host show. Nice one.

The colors, design and animation really appealing

:thumbsup:

Ranimate

kwood
03-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Great work. I loved the expression on the chipmunks as soon as the first spark went off in the first video. The melting chipmunk animation made me smile, in a good way :thumbsup:

Loved the squash in the second video, was a very nice touch.

Look forward to seeing more.

-Kyle

vitorvilela
03-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Hahahah!! Amazing pieces Tyson!

great cartoony touch with such nice details!

happy tree friends in 3d! Totally agree!

C-Ya
Vitor Vilela

Intervain
03-31-2007, 03:54 PM
awww - the poor little things! These are awesome Tyson! :applause:

katana2665
04-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Outstanding.

aghill
04-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Perfect! Very nice and very funny.

And the best thing: I think they are working!

HellBoy
04-01-2007, 01:58 PM
brilliant. I loved it :D We all loved it :D :thumbsup:

Shoonit
04-02-2007, 02:33 AM
5 stars !

its sick ! :)

Matt
04-02-2007, 02:55 AM
Loved both of them - they really struck a chord with me. It's a shame that people are so ignorant, and selfish that they have to be reminded not to toss their crap just anywhere. One of my biggest pet-peeves is seeing someone toss their cigarette butt out a car window. We have one planet to live on - and this is it - so, we have to take care of it.

A couple months ago I saw a pickup truck (one of the super-polluting ones on big wheels that losers drive) sort of pulled to the side of the road, and the woman in the passenger seat rolled the window down, and threw out a massive amount of trash.

I was so angry by seeing this, that I almost rammed their car with mine. I wish I got their license plate number.

Too bad the fines for littering aren't scary. If they made the fine for littering like $10,000 people wouldn't do it.

AND, when these idiots throw their cigarettes out the windows, and it bounces on the road, and then comes up and hits my car, I get enraged.

I'd kill them myself if I didn't know the cancer was doing it already. Seriously.

Anyways, great animations showing heartbreaking truths of the mindless society.

renshin
04-02-2007, 04:59 AM
So cute!
lol but in the end
What have we done!! nooooo

great work, good animation
and it has meaning.

picolo
04-02-2007, 08:12 PM
good job , very professional :thumbsup:

webhead
04-03-2007, 01:45 AM
...Too bad the fines for littering aren't scary. If they made the fine for littering like $10,000 people wouldn't do it.

AND, when these idiots throw their cigarettes out the windows, and it bounces on the road, and then comes up and hits my car, I get enraged.

I'd kill them myself if I didn't know the cancer was doing it already. Seriously...

I hear you, friend. If someone wants to disrespect their body, that's their business, but when they disrespect this planet that we all have to share, it really ticks me off.

madeofpoly
04-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Sweet...awesome videos, i liked both. Poor squirrels though :( with so many other animals, they had to die in both videos??

good Job guys!!

Luis

SuperXCM
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Great work,

i love these animations, i love the concept, and the style and good animation timing deserve it really well.

Humans think that our Planet is a garbage...

Great stuff.
I want to see more animations like that.

Simone.

isaak
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Jojojojojojo, man, I really enjoy it with two clips, and I think there are a great message inside. Great work!

Isaak

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.