PDA

View Full Version : No "pop" IK please help

cyruslam
03-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Hello all, i have a small problem of IK, i'm making a cartoon charactor and the charactor have stretchy IK(i use plug in of it), but when the IK stretch it like the top of picture, i want to make it like below one anyone can give me some idea?

thanks

(This is XSI Soft IK picture, just for reference, not Maya. iwant to make it on Maya)
http://www.xsi-blog.com/userContent/anicholas/softik/SoftIK.gif

ComLag
03-28-2007, 10:10 AM
If you're using the Elastik plugin (http://michael-hutchinson.com/downloads/index.php) its really easy, there should be a tick box when you apply the stretchy IK.

What plugin are you using?

cyruslam
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
hello, i'm using "W Stretchy" can i do that too?

redcarrot
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
I dont understand, the skeleton below in the picture is not stretched, just the ikHandle moved away from the joint? Stretch IK is supposed to scale your bones.

MikeRhone
04-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I think you are looking for joint damping, which is an attribute on the joint transform. Unfortunately this has never worked since it was introduced in the early versions of Maya.

BoostAbuse
04-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Joint damping would be nice if it ever worked the way it was intended :)

If you want to give the solver a smooth fall-off I'd suggest looking down the route of a clamp node and blendColors (a blendTwoAttr would actually work nicely for this giving you a good range of customization). As the ikHandle reaches a certain position, you can trigger a clamp to prevent the joints from reaching their completely flattened point, then blend the rotations to give a slow ease-in and work into the stretch.

-s

lemonyfresh
04-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Joint damping works, I've used it. How does it not work for you?

BoostAbuse
04-06-2007, 05:02 PM
It works, just not to the same degree it was meant to is what Mike and myself were saying :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2007, 05:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.