PDA

View Full Version : XSI with dual processors?

Tellerve
04-01-2002, 12:42 AM
Do you have to do anything special to engage dual processors with XSI 2.01? I've seen my professors computer render with dual processors and there were two little white render regions. So far I haven't seen that on my system. WinXP sees the two processors fine and is installed as a multiprocessor version.

Thanks,

Tellerve

null
04-01-2002, 12:50 AM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4705

finalgathering
04-06-2002, 07:28 AM
When it renders with both cpu the tiles show up randomly instead of swirling from the center. There is a system environment variable that must be set although I don't remember the actual variable or value cause I'm on single now. Right click on my computer>properties>Env var...

www.finalgathering.com

Atyss
04-06-2002, 11:38 AM
@@@@
When it renders with both cpu the tiles show up randomly instead of swirling from the center.
@@@@

Not exact: I have a single cpu machine and it renders like you described!

@@@@
There is a system environment variable that must be set although I don't remember the actual variable or value cause I'm on single now. Right click on my computer>properties>Env var...
@@@@

There isn't. XSI is supposed to use all cpus, no matter what. Well if it doesn't it not because of the software itself..........

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Tellerve
04-06-2002, 11:41 AM
Are you sure there isn't some sort of odd variable somewhere? Maybe because of the reason I have stated earlier about the copy I have, but when I got the patch it did do a kinda weird dual render. Otherwise I have the spiral effect.

Tellerve

Atyss
04-06-2002, 09:27 PM
@@@@
Are you sure there isn't some sort of odd variable somewhere?
@@@@

Yes I'm absolutely sure. :D

Bernard

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.