PDA

View Full Version : Wireframe and blend material

thinkpozzitive
03-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Hy everyone,
I've been trying to make a blend material and apparently if one of the materials in the blend is in wireframe mode, max can't blend it with the other material (using a gradient ramp as a mask). Is there any way around that? By the way how do you render a model with the material on it and the actual wireframe as well (just as seen in editin mode if you will).
Thank you.

scrimski
03-28-2007, 12:22 AM
I've been trying to make a blend material and apparently if one of the materials in the blend is in wireframe mode, max can't blend it with the other material (using a gradient ramp as a mask).
Scanline can't mix materials in wiremode.
I wrote a short script which creates a shaded wireframe material.

http://www.scriptspot.com/files/WireMaterial1.1.ms

Just copy it's diffuse map into the opacity(you may need to invert it in the output) and drag the whole material into a blend material.

By the way how do you render a model with the material on it and the actual wireframe as well (just as seen in editin mode if you will).This can be done in mental ray using a composite material with the material in te base material slot and the wire material in one of the composite slots.

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2007, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.