PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Utility?

ssossong
03-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Hello, I'm a new VUE6xStream user, working on a environment scene in Maya using Vue plug-in.
I got hold of some VUE plants and plant objects so I've copied them into the propriate folders under VUE folder. However, in VUE, when I search for them in the material/plant/object window, I get a message saying "Vue 6 cannot read files created using Vue d'Esprit3.1 or earlier. Please use the conversion utility to convert this file to Vue d'Esprit 4 format first"
Where do I find this conversion utility? Does it come with Vue? Is it in Vue UI? Where do I download it?
If anyone know, please plase let me know. Thank you ~

Best,
SsoSsong.

www.ssossong.blogspot.com (http://www.ssossong.blogspot.com)

Wabe
03-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Yes, the converter comes with your download. It is a third party product and PC only (remark for the Mac readers here).

But be careful. There are a lot of experiences that it can destroy the items. So do not use it on originals.

ssossong
03-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Yup. I found the conversion utility and converted the objects and plants. And just like you said, some came out as currupt files. Some flowers lost its color and renders black, and some objects lost its connections to textures such as alpha and color map. But I was able to save some.
Thank You~

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2007, 09:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.