PDA

View Full Version : VFS Modeling Reel by Julianna Kolakis

kolakis
03-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone, I finally have my demo reel finished and ready to share :)

I recently graduated from Vancouver Film School and Im currently looking for work
as high-poly Character Modeler and/or Conceptual Artist.

Feel free to contact me at jkolakis@hotmail.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/jkolakis@hotmail.com) for any inquiries.

To check out more of my work please visit my website: http://www.kolakis.com/

Low quality .mov files to stream:
-Medium quality (28mb) (http://www.kolakisart.com/Julianna_demo_reel-Med.mov)
-HD quality (75mb) (http://www.kolakisart.com/Julianna_demo_reel-HD.mov)

High quality mp4 files for downloading:
Medium quality (43mb) (http://www.kolakisart.com/Julianna%20QT%20HD%20640x352%20%28v2%29.mp4)
HD quality (110mb) (http://www.kolakisart.com/Julianna%20QT%20HD%201072x576%20%28v2%29.mp4)

Hope you all enjoy it~ c & c most welcome :)

http://www.kolakisart.com/julianna_modeling-reel.jpg

http://www.kolakisart.com/image_01.jpg

http://www.kolakisart.com/image_02.jpg

http://www.kolakisart.com/image_03.jpg

pum
03-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Amazing work, Juliana. Great modeling, texturing and traditional art.
I 'm really impressed by the your talent, and am so sure you won't have trouble finding the job that you want. :thumbsup:

-Herb

Jesse-Irvin
03-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Go Time!

Beautiful and Brilliant! For Serious!

BuendiaCG
03-27-2007, 02:37 PM
amazing, it looks very awesome, youre very talented julanna, Im glad to see this finally posted.
everything looks insane... Im sure you wont have a problem finding a job. I hope you find what you are looking for.
keep up the great work. good luck!

Intervain
03-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Really good job Julianna! I've been waiting to see the completed reel! Good luck with the job hunt! :thumbsup:

Zoober
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Congrats on finally getting your reel up Julianna! The demon blows me away, nice to see a turnaround of him.

Frontpage!

TomaszTosza
03-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Awesome stuff, I really like it ! :thumbsup:

tgoodes
03-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey Julianna

Congrats
You know what i think of your work, congrats again

Good luck

Scotcho
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Inspiring work Julianna, you have a very bright future!

Adam.

Heber
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
hey!
about time you posted, was very impressed last time i saw it and still very impressed now.
I love all the characters especially the chained creature, now you get to pick where you want to work, congrats.
front page :)

L33tace
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow! very unique. you'll have a job before the week end.

well done. :)

Zyandric
03-27-2007, 09:57 PM
SWEEEETTTT!... really impresive stuff. A true artist to the core.....

Good luck in the job hunt....( like you need it :thumbsup: )....

ZaN

Staszek
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Very imprest!! greate style, design, tecincue is more than perfect...

KOKE
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey Julie, great to see this finished!.

Well, what can I say appart that it has been a pleassure watching your art evolve during a year.
You have certainly come very far and I am sure you will arrive even further.

Congrats!

JK.

:D

bloggs
03-27-2007, 10:05 PM
great work man. your work has a very painterly style to it which really suits the characters. some great designs to.

cheers

john

ZippZopp
03-27-2007, 10:07 PM
great looking reel..very cohesive feel to it, congrats on a job well done

Ktether
03-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey Julianna, nice nice :):) Your work turned out so beautiful. It was great going to school with you. Good luck with everything :)

-Kieran

Arrghman
03-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow, aboslutely amazing work! I really love the style, it really feels like a painting come to life, particularly the demon!

pepelepuke
03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Great work Juliana !
keep the good work .. i still remember when u started term 1 ... hard work pays off...

Good luck to you !

MayaDamien
03-27-2007, 10:24 PM
all i have to say is wow....you are quite honestly one of the greatest artists i have ever seen...your designs show an incredible range of creative ability and technique

i really regret not meeting you while i was at vfs

5* (understatement) absolutely fantastic
cheers,
D

jramauri
03-27-2007, 10:25 PM
It's hard to believe nobody had employed you yet. But I think it's better you enjoy your last free moments, 'cause after this reel and the front page plug you'll be working hard in some big company very soon. Best luck for you Jullianna, you're really one of the best artists I've seen on CG world. When I grow up I want to be like you :)

masterofacid
03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Awesome stuff, but in my humble opinion none of the characters expresses any feelings. I dont connect with them. Maybe that is deliberate. I know that you are a modeller, not an animator. But yet I would love to see those lovely characters express some more vivid emotions. An exampel is the chained beast. He/she/it should scream his/hers/its heart out from the pain of those chains. That would add some dynamic and one would be able to connect with the character.
I deeply respect your work, I just wanted to give my view of it.

Once again, awesome stuff!!!

Congrats to your graduation! I really hope you will find job where you can develop your unique talent!

WWalker
03-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey! Congrads on finishing your reel, glad to see anouther person from the Zbrush fourms around :) great work, some of the best models I've seen.

Regards,

Will

shraga
03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
stunning reel - I'm very impressed that you stuck to your own style from concept to end and made your models look unique and painterly..

what do they feed you at vfs?

Shraga

Klicek
03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
no words :eek::eek::eek::eek::buttrock:

just perfect !:buttrock:

Rebeccak
03-27-2007, 10:52 PM
What a stunning reel, congratulations! I've been looking forward to this, I think you'll have no problem in your job search. :thumbsup:

Jadetiger
03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Outstanding. I love your work. The level of detail on the Demon Guard is insane! Five stars.

Can you share any big challenges you had modelling these characters and how you overcame obstacles, or even just techniques you used?

BlackNull
03-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Congrats Julianna, very impressed by your work. Each character is well refined and very personal. See you around the forum :thumbsup:

cheers :)
pierre

JBoskma
03-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey girl! Done at last with that great looking demo reel!

There's a very cool painterly feel to your reel, which is visually very appealing.
I find that it sometimes seems to works against the quality of your models though. Your shapes and 3d models are getting lost under that great amount of painted diffuse texture detail. It leaves a slightly flat feel to certain areas, when the light hits it.
But I know that besides solid modeling you want to showcase your design capabilities, and I think this reel totaly serves that purpose.

All in all, a great piece of work, and quite an achievement for a girl that started out 3d modelling, just a year and a half ago.
Best of luck landing a job that suits your ambitions and goals, I'm sure things will turn out more then right for you, pretty soon.

All the best,
Jelmer

fabianloing
03-27-2007, 11:54 PM
wow, thats very impressive.
the demon guard is really well done. congrats on the frontpage.
I love how you put the reel together like a story. Great job!

-fabian

ParadiseFlyBird
03-28-2007, 12:06 AM
jkolakis...

Wow... you're works make my brain happy, they are both impressive and inspirational. you'll have a job in no time, guaranteed!

dodo5689
03-28-2007, 12:14 AM
I am concerned about your work for a long time . great work! Efforts=Successful:)

iman121
03-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Woww..amazing...:eek:

to-hell-u-ride
03-28-2007, 12:57 AM
very impressive. your future holds a lot, i'm sure. way to get so much work done at vfs. good luck.

Tripple-I
03-28-2007, 01:27 AM
yeah, it's ok. . . i mean the modeling wasnt that great, and your textures could have been a lot better, i didn't really like the flow of the reel by incorporating the models into each others scenes. i mean sub-par work overall

buuuuwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhh!!

no really sick stuff man, your portfolio probly just took a million hits and you were probably hired yesterday.
keep up the phenom work

ShadowM8
03-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Very impressive reel and one of the most original reels I've seen out of VFS.
Good luck!

Kickflipkid687
03-28-2007, 02:19 AM
wow... that was probably one of the best , if not the best modeling reel ive seen thus far... excellent job!!

ratatat
03-28-2007, 02:34 AM
wow. amazing beast concept... nicely executed!

looks like you took full advantage of resources at VFS. so much talent! best of luck :thumbsup:

TheJinj
03-28-2007, 02:40 AM
into which job you choose... you have artistic and design skills as well as the technical elements, that much is obvious. What isn't is a job as a modeler. Don't constrain yourself to just that! All through school I aimed at being a modeler, but one of my luckiest moments thus far has been getting not the modeling job I was after (or thought I was), but a generalist job here at Technicolor. It was my first interview and I assumed after I'd go looking for a job in a game (a2m, ubi) or another fx (hybride, buzz,etc) company, but I never looked back. It's great for the amazing opportunity to learn all over the place. Animation, lighting, comp, everything! And modeling? Well, I actually kinda know how to model. I can improve on my own more or less. You are already an awesome modeler. Think about where you wanna go and what you will get out of the job. You will be invaluable anywhere you go.
Best of luck.

c_Hotchkiss
03-28-2007, 03:00 AM
I usually dont post, especially for modellers stuff, but wow! This piece has drawn more feeling from me than any other modelling piece... I mean there is some Amazing stuff out there, but when you see incredible work with a style of its own... seriously.

I Love the beast, but when I realized it was chained, I was pissed off. Its too beautiful and elegent to be pierced and contained.
I usually dislike dark pieces, but I couldnt look away from your demon... its soo well done, and he has a purpose, you can see who he is in his eyes.
I love the tender look on savana? but im not sure what it is for.... If its for the beast...how cute! If its a lure of innocence... how devious!

Her hairline (forhead) of her closeup really stood out to me... i did not like how it felt so "cg" The crisp collision line is so out of place on such a work of art.

*bookmarked for future inspiration*

By the way... I love your guys site... go this way for amazing... go that way for amazing. haha

jamesdong
03-28-2007, 03:15 AM
Hey girl. you don't need to hunting Job, they will hunt you down.
Owesome Demo!!!

flyingjay
03-28-2007, 03:23 AM
It's must have been a long-trip hard work , but finally you did it !!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!:thumbsup:

Skooter
03-28-2007, 03:40 AM
your captured beast model is gorgeous......im so speechless from the beauty and creativity of this reel....im also speechless because its when i find out that talented modelers like you also live in Vancouver i get really scared....lol i do not want to be your competition if we went to the same job interview and you went before me id be laughed at and kicked out the door before i even open a sketchbook....lol

Beautiful work, simply the best......i just hope i dont have to compete against you for a job. otherwise ill shoot myself in the foot now and save the time lol.
But im sure your gunna get hired way before me.
Congrats!
-Skooter

leishman
03-28-2007, 04:30 AM
wow....Amazing.........5 star.

diginime
03-28-2007, 04:54 AM
hey Julianna, great work here. really love you detail on the model. Good luck on your job hunting. :)

techmage
03-28-2007, 05:07 AM
The design of that 4 legged creature is brilliant. Honestly one of my favorite fantasy creature designs.

kandyRabitz22
03-28-2007, 05:23 AM
You frighten me.
I graduated college last week and I feel like an absolute fool. You are a recent graduate and 3 years younger than me and have not only huge volume of work but such high quality of work! I didn't even have access to the tools at my school to create what you have on your demo reel! I MEAN WOW! I, at the moment have no way of making that as I cannot afford the tens of thousands of dollars in equipment (i.e. maya unlimited, z brush, a computer that could handle the renders ect.) On my graduate reel I have a tower thats about 1million poly's untextured with no lights and my school's comps could hardly handle that!
If that's the bar, than I feel like my education sucked! My school doesn't even have mudbox or zbrush! I never imagined that "recent graduates" would have that level of work. I now feel that I will never get a job. I'm certain you could have any of the jobs I have applied for in the last 2 weeks. I now feel horribly depressed about what I just saw. I think I'll curl up into a ball under my bed and hide.

Cyborgguineapig
03-28-2007, 05:29 AM
Really amazing work. Loved the way your characters tied into each other. VFS never fails to impress. :thumbsup:

bleumoon
03-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Yay, it's finally done! I've been looking forward to seeing this for a while now. I kept trying to sneak a peek at it while you were running in and out of the lab. It's really nice to see all your work together in one reel.

I tell you this everytime I see you, but I'll say it again . . . your work is simply amazing. The fact that you did all the work from concept to final execution, and the way that you integrated all of your pieces into a larger narrative is breathtaking.

SpaXe
03-28-2007, 05:50 AM
May you continuously be encouraged by others and walk in the path of quality presentations.

zglows
03-28-2007, 06:16 AM
awesome stuff!!! so cool i have no words...

EternalArt
03-28-2007, 06:31 AM
impressive work .. 5 star

Hizz
03-28-2007, 06:32 AM
So inspiring. I'm impressed and touched by your art. This rocks!

krazyrokr
03-28-2007, 06:32 AM
another superb reel from VFS. great job.

AUMAKUA
03-28-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm getting the highest quality version right now and I'm sure it will be astonishing.:applause:

Wongedan
03-28-2007, 06:52 AM
ouw yea Julie!
congrats for the reel!

no crits at all :)!
I hope fresh vfs class will inspired by ur work also.
I mean this is so Julie,
not so limited in a b c way to do good reel.
but ur style,skill, and dedication are above all those rules.

toss the glass of beers yay!

AVTPro
03-28-2007, 07:37 AM
KandyRabbitz22, your post was so honest that it bordered on humor. This reel also makes me wonder what is going in that school. Awesome. But take in account this guy is gifted, very talented, and extremely hard working. Also, by the credits, it looks like he is surrounded by masters. His imagery is so intense, even if I could do those monsters I would be scared too. Too creepy for me (wuss) :)

If there's a will there's a way.
There's demo and student versions of Maya and Zbrush, not to mention student priced versions. There's definitely a way. Also, there are training videos for sale everywhere. Doesn't replace interactive teaching from a master but it's a grandpappy step in the right direction.

I'm almost 45. There was no such thing as personal computers when I went to college. I have had to learn what I know on my own and I have much further to go. Yet I still have hope.

Again, love the work. He has really taken it to the next level.

gpepper
03-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Great job !
I have already seen these cool characters but this reel is amazing !
Thanks for sharing ! :thumbsup:

Bif
03-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Your women are beautiful! Good luck with the job search!

vlad74
03-28-2007, 08:12 AM
You wont have any problems finding a job. Great work. *****

BrettSinclair
03-28-2007, 08:28 AM
I honestly don't know what to say.:eek:

antodonnell
03-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I ve seen your works around the Zbrush site too Julianna all that can be said is AMAZING. All aspects of the work are to an extremely high standard. Your 2d works on your site are very strong pieces. Well done :thumbsup:

monsitj
03-28-2007, 08:30 AM
absolutely amazing! incredible work! I'm sure you'll get a job!

janlaureys9
03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I'll watch this when i get home, but DANG! Those renders look awesome :o

turx
03-28-2007, 09:52 AM
amazing reel!

you have a great talent, i'm use you'll find a nice job.
good luck!

frameless
03-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Top notch! :thumbsup:
Good luck for the job hunt.
I guess you will be flooded with mails the next days.

5 stars for sure. Everything is perfect.

Rennie
03-28-2007, 10:41 AM
This is amazing. You have the skills. I am sure you will find a great job.
Congrats

liquidik
03-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Wordless...I'm dying to animate one of those characters :D

Gian

spikkel
03-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Awesome work.

MentalRender
03-28-2007, 11:13 AM
yah I can feel something different from other demoreels ,something new all poses togather can tell a story without framing .... so amazing work, just one comment the chains on the beast must have a gravity weight ,add a variation of tension forces :thumbsup:

Djampa
03-28-2007, 11:18 AM
:bounce: Hey ! You got it ! It's done and FP ! Congratulations !

I've been following up your outstanding work, and your Reel is a golden seal to show it up !

If I could give more than 5 stars to you I would !

It's so impressive ! well... I think were going to see the name of a great CG company close to your name here in CGSociety soon, wish you good luck ! (altough with such Reel you wont need any luck at all.. *lol*)

My best regards,

anandpg
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Awesome stuff, Juliana!! your modeling rocks big time!:scream: :thumbsup:

SergioSantos
03-28-2007, 01:09 PM
This is the best modelling reel I've ever seen.
extremely high quality!
congratulations!

dxk123852
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
woooow:eek:
my friend your work really nice :thumbsup: I like it.

siouxfire
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Great work as usual; good to see the consistency in your work. Very impressive.

Imagus
03-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Congratulations on the Front Page plug. Love the work, and admire your dedication to the art. It's modeling reels like yours that remind me how much I wish I could attend VFS.

Let us all know where you end up employed, because I doubt you'll have to look for long! :thumbsup:

gigan
03-28-2007, 02:28 PM
fantastic job. congrats.

som3d59
03-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey Julie!
Just see your reel today and it's more than awesome! I show this to my boss and coworkers in Thailand. They all love it! I'm sure you will have hard time becoz tons of job offers are coming. You got what you deserve for all that hard work girl. Just don't forget to take a break. Take care :)
Som

wizo5454
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
all I can say is wow. You just immersed me into that universe of yours, and I love it ! :)
A+++ work.

dmc3d
03-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey Jully

Ohhh my god, in terms of modeling, is one of most impressives reels from VFS. One thing i know, who is very good in concepts, always became a very good modeler when cames to 3d, because the software is just tool, and to be an artist this is really hard.And whe have a lot exemples in VFS.
I really glad to see everything toguether. I love your concepts and your goddes is my favorite model. Just make me feel i want to do another reel, very inspirating.
My only thing is maybe the presentation is too long but other than that ins amazing.
And i think you and your sister should do some 3d work toguether, like the concept you guys did in your webpage, would be cool.

I sure you wont have trouble to find a job.
keep in touch and take care

Daniel

zinkete
03-28-2007, 03:37 PM
incredible! congratulations!

CPROD
03-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Beautiful!!
Your reel is beautiful as well! Tihihihihihi

As for Demonguard
I really love how you perfectly blended your modeling details with your texturing details.
This perfect blend really gives him a sence of reality. Top notch work!

Honestly, go work for whoever you see fit!

p.s. your website is awsome

HellGrinder
03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Juliana, would you marry me ? :love:(moreover if you are the model for the goddess ^^ ).
Seriously, your work is just awesome at any point, congratulations, you might deserve 6 stars. ;)

CHAMPWY
03-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Outstanding! Very Beautiful! Awesome... :thumbsup:

depleteD
03-28-2007, 04:13 PM
That is some of the most crazyiest shit I have ever seen. Cash money striaght up.

zoe75
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
outstanding!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (my first reply since 2002)

buscard
03-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Yo Julianna!

its about time you posted this bad boy of a demo reel. Or rather this bad girl ;)
Front page twice!? damn. you definatly deserve all the praise you recieve.

Your work and personality have definatly made their impact on me as i strive to produce my own CG works. Totally inspiring!! You rock hardcore!!
~Cliff

QuantumPixel
03-28-2007, 05:49 PM
So were in the world are you gonna start? I wish I had your tallent I would be at blur, or squarsoft or some hi profile gig paying tones of cash and doing all the amazing award winning shots for films and cinamatics.

:) your a lucky girl

jamesdong
03-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Wow too good.
What kinda light and how many light you use for???
This is very pretty render!!.
Hum Could you post your render tree if you don't mind?
Da...

TOo good to be true!!

Owesome work

agasco
03-28-2007, 10:44 PM
awesome job, its very inspiring

congrats and good luck!

sillynd
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Wow, all i can say is wow! Nice model, nice designs, nice paintings!

bluesoldier11
03-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting the pictures to come alive like that :o That was AMAZING! :D

Archieoi
03-28-2007, 11:45 PM
super sweet work, I realy like the demon guard!

NyneDown
03-28-2007, 11:55 PM
You've got some amazing work....one of the best reels I have ever seen. Great job and I would say good luck on the job search, but I'm pretty sure you wont need any. Keep up the inspiring work ;)

Gabriel Askew
03-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Incredible work and beautiful presentation!

Nazeer3d
03-29-2007, 03:28 AM
Nice work , good modeland lighting is bery impresive

Keep it up ,

spinal
03-29-2007, 05:06 AM
Amazingly inspiring and brilliantly executed, truly beautiful work! :thumbsup:

sniperddr1a
03-29-2007, 05:56 AM
time 's up

gjpetch
03-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Really quite astonishing stuff, I'm very impressed.

pommegenozide
03-29-2007, 08:30 AM
CONGRAT!
Nice stuffs you've got here... (finally I've got to see your reel :) ) as well as your website.
I wish you best of luck and keep in touch!

fabionguzman
03-29-2007, 05:37 PM
you got alot of talent, I look foward to learning from your work in the future..

Goon
03-29-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm working on a modeling demo reel, and after seeing yours i'm incredibly inspired and depressed.

Your work is wonderful. It is subtle, complex, and much of it is very original. I'm looking forward to seeing your characters in future films/games, but I really hope you continue working on personal projects for me to drool over.

AUMAKUA
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Btw, Julianna, I wonder.. your surname sounds like Greek to me.. am I wrong?

cLos71
03-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Fabulous! Congratulations.

unwrap
03-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Awesome reel, the demon character itself is stunning/breathtaking. Respect :buttrock: .

harshdesign
03-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Impressive and beautiful work.
All the best for your job hunt!!

jasondesigns
03-30-2007, 01:58 AM
:eek: Insanely beautiful work! I am speechless!

cesarmontero
03-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Incredible demo-reel. Makes me want to get to model! (and I'm a light/texture person).
Congratulations, with things as impressive as the ones you do, you will have no problem with the job offers. Well, perhaps your mail-box will get too full!!! So I hope you the best of the luck in your selection process. :)

PD: No internships for you! Just pro offers! :thumbsup:

And of course * * * * *

PhuongDPh
03-30-2007, 04:23 AM
super demo reel :bounce:

pablov
03-30-2007, 05:40 AM
really cool reel!! awesome modeling and texturing

5 stars

ldgree
03-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Amazing demo reel and skills!! I think everyone must see the HD version, you are very talented

abhi3ds
03-30-2007, 12:14 PM
hi

ur work si very good enough. u have a good hand on modeling. it looks fantastic and realistic also. keep it up

tokaru
03-30-2007, 01:05 PM
hija wow very and super really cool reel you know you are one of the most talented girls i know it was a pleasure to share some time with you.

you know i did know that you where super talented girl. do you have seen the movie 300 it was amazing.

y lie your demon but actually is hard to me toundertand the reason of having 4 eyes dont makes sense at all but is cool.

im planing to go to the florence concept art (the massive black )workshop it would be cool to see you there.

i guess now you are in my list of very cool artists.

CPROD
03-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Holymoly macaroni VFS ... seems all they let go is pure talent!

But... I think I found my favorite graduate!

W00t w00t, your going to have alot of peaple to reply back to.

AVTPro
03-31-2007, 02:54 AM
His imagery is so intense, even if I could do those monsters I would be scared too. Too creepy for me (wuss) :)

I showed this to my 12 year old nephew and he got so excited. He loved them. Boy do I have some growing up to do. :)

Soverign
03-31-2007, 06:15 AM
Awesome, just awesome. Every aspect of that reel was incredible, and your modeling/texturing/rendering...well, others have said it better than i ever could ;)

But here's my (apparently unique) 2 cents: That's some AWESOME MUSIC!! Hehe, great choice there :-)

Vboyz
03-31-2007, 09:26 AM
hi julia..i follow u art work since u first post in concept art...u are amazing.....can u add tutorial video for us?..

MSB
03-31-2007, 01:30 PM
excellent stuff. I liked that demon guard , the way you did the veins is just excellent.

please , can you share the texture maps (color\diffuse and reflection) for the girl?. They look nice!

katana2665
04-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Its times like this I'm glad I'm not that heavy into 3d...I'd hate to be in competition for a job with you. amazing work on Sovanna.

jojo1975
04-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Keep dreaming Juliana, I think this is the best wish for an artist.
Giorgio

backstreet-boys
04-01-2007, 03:06 PM
very realistic workkkkkk
amazing...
u will make me come to join vfs to learn how u did that.
and i have an idea for u
u can make tutorials and buy it in ur own web site
like simplymaya.com
exelant work
5 stars

backstreet-boys
04-01-2007, 03:15 PM
very realistic workkkkkk
amazing...
u will make me come to join vfs to learn how u did that.
and i have an idea for u
u can make tutorials and buy it in ur own web site
like simplymaya.com
exelant work
5 stars

rastko
04-01-2007, 04:13 PM
What can I say... it's simply amazing work. I like your style alot and I'm glad now to see your demo-reel.

Really beautiful work, keep it coming ;).

Regards,
Rastko

OmarFernandes
04-01-2007, 04:44 PM
speechless........ 5 stars from me
its work like these that make me wanna go to VFS

lutonomy
04-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Stunning work! I really enjoyed seeing that. Best of luck to you!

picolo
04-02-2007, 07:15 PM
you reeally got amazing works in your portfolio :)

Spin99
04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
OK it goes from a little Renaissance and Romantic to Flemish to some Surrealism even?
Looks like some Meats style as well. I wonder if it's Post-Modern.
Nice to see some Art history in a demo reel (?) Most noticeable in the creature.

Great realism in the chick, eyes look wet, textures very hyper.

I'd say a very artistic demo reel, nice to see a break from all the PIP's and
expected AE work. Almost like a multimedia painting imho
Maybe the composer is a friend of yours, but would prefer a more dramatic score.
Goddess is really nice, when we getting the Nymph? She look amazing except I don't like her shoes.

Would like to see more models ;)

fanger
04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Sacre Bleu! Mon Cheri! it's Formidable'....i know u had it in u...an' well...WOW! Impressive...in case u wonderin' who this is???<<< Vikram...3D56....Monster Pig Guy...LOL...
Loved the reel, i think you did justice to your talent there....Awesome!
cheers....

PK-man
04-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey Julie, great to finally see your reel!! You are always the perfectionist (the reel is v2 already?)

If you don't get a job, then there's something really wrong with this world.....

^_^

Fus|on
04-06-2007, 04:35 PM
blew me of my seat, really aweomse stuff. :thumbsup:

All the best for the future, I doubt you will need any wishs/lucks with this kind talent.

vshah
04-07-2007, 07:07 AM
hey man, great work really. keep it up.
good luck.

PangSiawYee
04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Hello,

Great work! I like the mood! Looks realistic and fantasy at the same time!

Good luck for your job hunt!

lv-88
04-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Spectacular! Everything looks too good! A huge good luck in the future! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2007, 12:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.