PDA

View Full Version : motionblur on particle instancer

arjan_meerten
03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to use a particle instancer for a flock of butterflies.
The instancer uses 100 objects in a sequence.
When I try to render a frame with motion blur I get this error;
"// Warning: (Mayatomr.Scene) : ButterflyShape01: shapes are not equivalent, no motion vectors computed //"
I get this error on a few shapes of the 100, but not all.
On some frames it renders only a few objects with motionblur, on some frames it renders good and on some frames I get a black image.
When I set the cyclestep of the instancer on 0.1 so there will be a different object on each 0.1 frame, I this still get the same error.
I hope somebody can help me with this.
tnx in advance

Arjan

thomwickes
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM
bosh.

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/plugins/dynamics/Uninstancer-4331.html

arjan_meerten
03-27-2007, 11:42 PM
thanx for the tip. It's a great plugin, but when I uninstance the butterflies maya runs out of memory. They have a lot of frames of animation and there are a lot of butterflies so when I convert them to blenshapes it uses too much memory. There isn't a 64bit version so I can't use all my system memory. I'm trying to make my own script wich will copy the object with its animation to the particle positions. But I'm still curious what this error is and I have still a problem rendering animated instancer particles even if I don't need motionblur on the animation of the instanced object but when I want motionblur from the movement of the particle.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2007, 11:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.