This is a small collection from last years projects - comments are welcome

http://www.bitspin.net/clips/demo2006.wmv

Still from clip

http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/78228/78228_1170319575_submedium.jpg

gpepper
03-27-2007, 08:14 AM
First on the thread !
Hello again girl !

The last things you did ! Cool to see some animations of them !

The only critic I have is about the render. I think you can work more on them. Modelisation is there and I think it is realist. But the render is the thing that you should improve.

see ya ! ;)

Lemog
03-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Hello Gunie...

Very effective realization... totally in your mood and for your goal... the ear is very beautiful... also the inner part animation is good, maybe the animated "cellules ciliés" move a bit to hard (need to flat the animating curves).
The only part à like less is with the technical things... in fact, the quality is less good than the rest, and we don't understand much "what is it" ?
For the rest, I like much... sweet renderings :thumbsup:

dmca
03-27-2007, 08:51 AM
cool stuff
like thge ears structure...nice textures and light

daWinky
03-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Morning Gunie!

Nice to see your latest stuff put together here, well done, I like especially the feet and the ear-related things:thumbsup: ...nice music by the way and funny to see the hearing cells reacting to it:D ! I agree that the technical stuff is sticking out a little with a lower quality, but I guess this is just meeting the clients need...
So I'm looking out now for updates in the anatomy thread, I can almost smell it:bounce: ...

Have a great day!

-sabrina

Rebeccak
03-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Heya Gunie,

Really enjoyed this, especially the inner ear section - that was quite cool! I would have liked to see the embryo piece too, though I guess it doesn't fit with what you are putting together with clients - but I just love that piece. :)

I hope this reel wins you lots of well deserved work! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :)

-Beckie

Gunilla
03-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Gilles - thanks. :) When you say render, do you mean the lighting of the scenes? Or the render quality? I'd love to get some good hints on how to improve that.

Lolo - You're totally right about the movement of the cilias... it will be adjusted for the full version, thanks for pointing it out.
Also about the tech parts - I was not sure about to include them but I thought I needed some more color... I will replace it, maybe with a short clip from the Bacteriophage image I did earlier.
Thanks for always being right on target :)

dmca - thank you! Glad you like it :)

Sabie - thanks! One more vote for excluding the tech parts, so it definitely has to go now... thanks for convincing me!

Beckie - thanks sis! I hope it will win me good work too... I try to put one together each year and the twins was in last years reel at http://www.bitspin.net/clips/medic2005.avi

I think I like that reel better but since that is only made of personal projects it doesn't well reflect what I try to sell (I think), maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for your time and interest!

Rebeccak
03-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh, gotcha! I'm glad that you showcased that piece, it's my favorite. :)

gpepper
03-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Gilles - thanks. :) When you say render, do you mean the lighting of the scenes? Or the render quality? I'd love to get some good hints on how to improve that.

You welcome !

I mean I have some ideas of a medical render is, probably wrong because, most of the time, This is 3D render. But the few medical movies I have seen are full of glow, flare, back lights. In the scene of the feet and the hears, no problem, but I think in the inner part of the body you could go and push far the renders. Like in the twins you have done for spectacular.
Anyway, you master the subject more than I !

Gunilla
03-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Beckie - My favourite too... same taste again, eh? :)

Gilles - Ah, I see what you mean! You're right I could push that further - also perhaps increase the DoF a bit. thanks again for clearifying :thumbsup:

And also - cool new avatar. You're hot ;)

gpepper
03-27-2007, 04:44 PM
And also - cool new avatar. You're hot ;)

Thanks, this is the the logo of my company...

Lemog
03-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Thanks, this is the the logo of my company...
I saw that few days ago... and the website of your company is always empty ? It's to give the confidence to your new clients ? :scream: hahahaha

sorry

Zapan
03-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Heya Gunie !!

Just saw your reel this morning , and I gotta say that I really enjoy to see the great renderings moving . :)

Eventhough I'm a big fan of your micro renderings , my favorite piece is obviously the feet ... don't know why :D

Hope it will open you plenty of great opportunities , the hot feet should do ...

cheers ,

-Stéph

Gunilla
03-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Thank you Steph!
I've made a small update on it today - improved the movement of the feet to make it less stiff and also replaced the tech sequence with the bacteriophage clip.
So now it's all madical related.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

gpepper
03-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I saw that few days ago... and the website of your company is always empty ? It's to give the confidence to your new clients ? :scream: hahahaha

sorry

ahah, no, none of my client knows the site, even the name of my future company. I just create it fast to see if the server works.
More to come later, when I will have the time to do the site...

mdavid
03-30-2007, 03:28 AM
Hey Gunilla, lovely work! I love those little specks of stuff drifting around those toothed structures - okay my medical terminology isn't good. Oh yeah, and the feet look cool too (my medical terminology does at least extend to being able to name them)

Gunilla
03-30-2007, 06:12 AM
Mark - hehe, the little specks are totally without any scientific validity, no wonder you don't know the name :)
They do add a certain innerbody feel though so that's why they're there... thanks for cheering and appreciating!

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2007, 06:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.