PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel

TWS
03-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been out of the animation game for about 3 years now, focusing on graphics mostly, but now I want back in!

this is my older Demo Reel for 05.........Im looking to compile a new one with more acting peices but I was looking for some feedback on this one to see if I was headed in the right direction.

This was never sent to any companies as I never got around to it after landing a Design job for a National Fast Food company. And also bear in mind this will not be sent to companys now either, im looking to expand and impove it.

Comments and Crits Welcome.

thanks
trevor

P.S-- Its youtube so if the link is broken, it wont be for long, as they do take some time processing the files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVQrGEAYK9A

TWS
03-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Anyone Care to comment?

Bueller?..............
Bueller?..........................
Bueller?......................................
Bueller?....................................................

Booyah
03-28-2007, 03:58 AM
Your best work is definetly the first wieght animation with the checkered rock, other stuff could use some work. I suggest using longer quotes for the next animations you do if you do dialogue, get a character really acting out and show some emotion. Good start though

TWS
03-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the comment, ya I have been working on some new stuff as of late, most of it is turning out OK, I have some items in the WIP section including 1 Acting piece if you wouldnt mind critiquing it.

When I was in school we focused more on the operation of the software and not the actual animation, so basically im self teaching myself now, so COmments and crits and very much apprecaited.

Thanks
Trevor

CGOutcast
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
the music gets in the way of the lip sync animations... its not always a great idea to have music with words on your reel. some of the animations can use a lil more fine tuning with weight and being a lil more clear about what you're trying to show, you have a lot of work on your reel but sometimes its best to just show a few of your best and not fill it all in to make it longer... good luck on the job hunt

TWS
03-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Ya there is quite a few clips on there, and I agree about the music with lyrics. Thanks for your comments

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2007, 05:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.