PDA

View Full Version : Studio new demoreel

Illusion-shadow
03-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Our studio have just finished our 2007 Demoreel, please let us know what you think of it.

Lower Res online stream version:

http://www.illusionstudioinc.com/demoreel/thumbnail/demoreel2007.jpg (http://www.illusionstudioinc.com/demoreel/demoreel2007.htm)

Hi-Res download version (http://www.illusionstudioinc.com/demoreel/DemoReel_2007_H264.mov)

rebolt
03-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Really nice reel. I really like the smoke guy playing basketball effect. :thumbsup:

Obaid3DFX
03-28-2007, 09:05 AM
This is very superior demo reel specially the mechanical spider, the basketball player, and the train smoke effect

:)

Illusion-shadow
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Our studio has been working on 2 major projects for the pass 2 years, Nanoswarm and Escape from Diab, which will be all finish by the end of June. The mechanical spider was something I model 5 years ago, but we re-texture it and re-animated last month to use on our reel. The basketball player is an in-house animate project we are currently working on. It should be done in a month and I will post it here once we are finished. By the way, the smoke guy was create using Fume.

thehive
03-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Demo looks good rendering is great but the character animation , jus something about it thats jus not right, its there jus missing something’s here an there jus a bit to rigid for some reason, these are jus some thoughts takem or leave them

Yao ming: way to stiff not as fluid as it should be when hes shifting his weight then spinning around there’s no off set from the upper torso to the lower body he spins all at once an then when he throws the ball its so fast that its as if the ball fly’s out of his hands with no effort an anticipation to shoot the ball. the

ghost man: i can see much on him other that when he comes down there’s no follow through jus jumps up shoots the ball an lands an barley any recoil

evil king: seem as the facial expression seem robotic jus goes from pose to pose eyebrows go up the eye brows go down with no intent an the mouth jus seems plastic

character one thing i notice there was too much lighting inside the mouth

CGOutcast
03-28-2007, 08:09 PM
the animation feels a bit too linear, like it snaps from pose to pose. One thing that stuck out was the vehicle landing and the pilot gets out, his foot seems to bend on the angle of the ship and it just looks un-natural to do that. I like the smoke effects and the vegetable characters they were done really well. The only thing i can say is just needs a lil more work on the animation.

Illusion-shadow
03-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the critique and comments. It's always good to hear what other people outside of the company think of our work. We will look into those area and try to improve on it. Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2007, 02:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.