PDA

View Full Version : wacky symmetry question

Talking_Pie
03-26-2007, 07:23 AM
I have been working on this model for a little bit now and symmetry was working fine until today when i booted up and was making a typical top. axis option.

After it was set up i tried to flip some work from one side of the mesh to the other and it totally freaked out resulting in this:

If anyone can lend me some advice that'd be great.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6149/symproblemqy6.jpg

cgikevin
03-27-2007, 04:51 AM
I've never had a problem like that before in Mudbox, but then again I usually just work on one half in Mudbox and symmetrize stuff back in XSI.

I can't help you with figuring out how that happened without more details, but you can always bring it into another package and delete all those faces and re-symmetrize. Shouldn't take longer than a few seconds in an orthographic view.

dave247
03-28-2007, 04:02 AM
thats actually very funny! I look at the post, expecting something semi-normal, and then i start to read your questoin and then my eyes catch the picture and im like woah! lmao, its just so funny.

As far as helping you, I cant since I dont have too much experience in MB yet. I have noticed some weird quirks kinda sorta almost like that though, but nothing that wild. Maybe just an odd math error of some sort on your system.

Talking_Pie
03-28-2007, 08:06 AM
yeah i tried yelling at the computer but it didn't work. I just reimported the levels into a new scene and it works again, i just lost all the individual layers i had on him, no biggy i guess.

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2007, 08:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.