PDA

View Full Version : walk cycle MAYA help!!

nigerianitemare
03-26-2007, 04:12 AM
hey all,

this is my first post. i was told this site has great help! i am pretty new to maya and need to create some walk cycle for a project in class. i have made a pretty decent skeleton, with full IKs, and controllers using several tips from tutorials, and they work great but there are several bugs when i try to key poses for my walk cycle. my main problem is i dont undestand what to select when you key - 's'; when i key just the root or pelvis and go to another frame and key again when i play back it doesnt catch the IKs; then when i select all IKs and root joint, my controllers stop working.... i have been tryingseveral things to fixthis like groupin and such but does anyone know what im doing wrong? any tutorials to help me set up or arrange my skeleton better would help too! sorry for the long post!

thanks for the help
james

SamSed
03-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi there, and welcome.
I don't think that anyone will give you an answer except something like what i'm going to say. you posted in the wrong forum , maybe you should ask in the animation one or in Maya's forum , sure you'll get all the help you need.:)

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2007, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.