PDA

View Full Version : Cheese - short animation

haacik
03-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi guys,

finally I finnished my short film "Cheese". Have a look ;)

cheeselink (http://student.vfs.com/%7Eca58peterh/cheese.html)

oh .. in case link doesn't work you can also check it on my aniboom zone (http://aniboom.com/Pages/Application/Animations/UserZoneZ1.aspx?zoneID=2659)

fightingthumb
03-25-2007, 04:38 PM
hey man! great job! the animation is really good! and your character design is pretty cool too! my only complaint is the lighting and the green background. i dont think either are terrible, but the lighting doesnt seem "real" enough to sell your character in the environment he is in. it just has that cg black in the dark areas. and then i think if you chose a different color for the green baseboard it would help the feeling of the film a lot. the green is a little too saturated and it doesnt look lit. other than that though, i liked it alot!

liquidik
03-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey man, this is looking super awesome!!!

Great pace, animation and design...simple story truly well done :D

5 stars from me!

Gian

Lukus01
03-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Very nice, I liked it a lot :) The sound effects were great :)

I think I'd have to agree with fightingthumb on the green skirting board though

Banshax
03-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Watched it twice, then watched fishin` impossible. Quite enjoyed both. Animation is nicely done, in character but not distracting from the story. Inspiring stuff.

dmca
03-26-2007, 07:11 PM
cool man,,
nice work,,,,simple direct, and funny,,,I was waint for the mouse trap....
nice 2d smell as well.

HenningK
03-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Ah the cardinal sin of gluttony. Stupid mouse.

I think the editing and the animation in general could be a lot faster. Many of the shots where he's just looking at stuff or thinking for a while or recapitulating that he does indeed, like cheese, are not very interesting. You could easily trim 30-40 seconds.
Nice animation though.

love,hen

Jadetiger
03-27-2007, 02:57 AM
Very good! Who can resist the wonders of cheese? (vegans, i don't know how you do it) Very nice animation. I think the beginning needs to be sped up some. It seems like an unnecessarily long sniffing process. Character design is great, animation is great.

MayaDamien
03-27-2007, 11:33 PM
g00d man!

great work man! love the mouse even though he bit everyone elses characters in the head ( on the whiteboard in the class at least haha....norasets character even moreso )your animation was really well refined and you spent your time really effectively during that 6 months .awesome!

peace man

D

kasana
03-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Awesome.....really 5* from me.

How Nicely and simply you presented the small Idea.

If u can share how travel from Idea to story....it was Something Diffrent from now?

great work.

haacik
03-28-2007, 11:17 PM
thanks guys ... your comments are very usefull and I'll keep them in mind when I'll be working on new project ;)

mayadamien: hey, norasets character bit everyone :) ... not my mouse :) ... mouse only bit his caracter to protect others :D

kasana: hmmm dificult question :) ... but I have to say, cause it was school project, we had some "limitations" (ex. one character, not long story, ...) ... it supposed to be simple ... and I like animal characters ... and I knew I wanted character to interact with "something" (means "something" represents another character, but almost no animation to have time to finish project on time) ... hmmm ... and idea just hit me ... I think there is no much of a story, it is just simple idea :) ... sure I did storyboards and first verion is defferent from final film, but I think it always does ... now when I'm thinking about it, I can say I did a lot of changes and then I changed some of them back, but core of story stayed same all the time ... it was more about cuts and animation
.... hmmm, I dont really know if I answered your question :)

GreenArrow
03-29-2007, 12:00 PM
This is a nice piece. I like the character and the simple scene setup. The composite cheese aroma looks really nice as well.

rastascg
03-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Whats up man!!!... Itīs sure your work are awesome!!!... I think you will have a good future man... good luck and congratulations for your work.

Best regards,

kasana
03-30-2007, 08:58 PM
wacthed movie many time......just lovin it.. *****
hey how u did tht cheese Smell thing .......is it 2D.....

haacik
04-02-2007, 09:17 AM
yes cheese smell is done in flash. first i drew it on paper, but later i decided to do it in flash .. i was scanning and importing drawn images to flash anyway

spinal
04-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Well done, i really enjoyed this one! I can see you put allot into this. Congrats. :thumbsup:

picolo
04-02-2007, 08:09 PM
nice work congrats for your first short film ;)

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2007, 08:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.