PDA

View Full Version : 2 collisions then freeze

perpen
03-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I am doing a candy rain, and would like to make every candy freeze as long as it has bounce on the (moving) floor for a 2nd time.

I was trying to do this with PTimer but with no success.

The easy way would be if there is any chance to get the collision number (event), but I think that we cannot make every particle remeber how many collision has it made. Now I only have the event output which is a bool, so no chance.

Thanks in advance.

Srek
03-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi,
i added a bounce count that sets the particles velocity to 0 after the second bounce
Hope this helps
Björn

perpen
03-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Thas was fast! Thanks, Björn.

I am still studing your TP network, but what I wanted is the particles to freeze at the 2nd bounce, so they don't go with the elevating floor anymore. Now you made them go 0 velocity, and if I weren't so dumb I should go on from what you gave me and achive what I am looking for. Still studing your TP network... :)

Vielen Danke

perpen
03-25-2007, 10:23 AM
I made it!...I just pluged into a PFreeze instead of PSetData. Works perfect!

Thanks again!

Srek
03-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Heh, making them stop completely was my first thought and setup, but then i thought that very likely you want them to stop bouncing but still follow the elevator ;)
Glad you worked it out.
Cheers
Björn

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2007, 10:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.